So bad that I went so far as to be the one to MAKE what I blame caused at least 2 of the 5 pounds that are all of a sudden attached to my thighs...a No-Bake Caramel Apple Snickers Pie.
This recipe had me at "no-bake". And also "Snickers". Ok...and "graham cracker pie crust", too.
Hey-at least you get a full serving of fruit if you eat a big enough slice?
No-Bake Caramel Apple Snickers Pie
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 5 Snickers bars, chopped
- 3 Granny Smith apples, diced
- 2 1/2 Cool Whip, softened
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 C sweetened condensed milk
- Caramel ice cream topping
- Scatter Snickers along bottom of pie crust. Leave a few Snickers pieces off for your topping.
- Next, layer 2 1/2 of your chopped apples on top of the Snickers. The other half of your apple will be used for the topping so do not chop it yet, as they will brown. Drizzle caramel on top of apples.
- Combine Cool Whip, cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk in a small bowl. Mix well and pour into pie crust.
- Drizzle caramel on top and add a few Snickers pieces to topping. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Right before serving, chop the remaining apple and sprinkle chipped apples on top.
- For best taste, and to avoid apples becoming brown and soggy, serve the same day.
I should really be disappointed in myself for posting this because one time I vowed to never post a recipe like this but....I'm not. It's all about balance, right?!
P.S.-I'll be going 100% yeast-free for 30 days starting January 13. More on that next week but if you know what I'm talking about and want to join me, you can do so here!