November 21, 2014

Paisley Ann || 3 Months



Wait. What in the what?? I have a 3 month old???

While a LOT of me wants to sit here and sulk in the fact that 3 whole months of my baby girl's life has completely come and gone in the blink of an eye, the other part of me is so so happy we've reached this point. Do I miss my teeny tiny newborn? Sure.  But do I fall more and more in love with my infant on a daily, wait...hourly, basis? Oh ya!

I feel like the transition between two and three months has been HUGE! We went from infant to newborn and now she's really starting to show her little personality and I just can't get enough if it! 

While I don't have anything to compare her to, I can honestly say she's still a really good baby. (I'm forgiving her for the two nights this week she completely forgot how to sleep for longer than 3 hours at a time...) She's sweet and patient like her daddy, but a touch of sass shows every once in a while too and I can't help but love the fact that she got that trait from her big sister, Oakley.

Ok. Maybe she got it from her mother. 

Either way, Paisley is becoming more and more of a "baby" and is getting to be so. much. fun!


Here are things I want to always remember about my little 3 month old peanut:

Weight: 12 1/2 pounds (as of last week)

Length: 21 3/4 inches (as of last week)

Hair: Still a little sparse. Some fell out when she had a minor case of cradle cap but it looks like it's growing, slowly but surely, and it's still light a dark dark blonde/light brown color.

Eyes: Still gray. Some days they look a little blue, some days they look more brown. I'm so anxious to see what color they'll be! Her eyelashes are still long as ever and are so precious!

Clothes: We are officially out of newborn clothes and have even started to outgrow some 3 month outfits, too. It still baffles me how one day an outfit can fit her perfectly, and the next I have to leave open a few snaps so her thighs are squished. (True story...sister has some ham hocks on her. Wonder where she got those from??) She's still a little too short for any of her 6 month cloths but I foresee me pulling them out any day now. Oh-and 3 month socks are a JOKE! She may be short, but she has feet for days and easily fits in 6m-12m socks. (A lovely trait she also got from her mother...sorry kid.)

Diapers: Size 2

Sleeping: We've officially slept through the night several times now! After two nights of reverting back to waking up every 3 hours, we got another full night last night, which makes for one happy momma and daddy! She still sleeps next to my side of the bed in her Rock n' Play and we still swaddle her at night and during naps. That being said, we've started leaving one arm out of the swaddler since she likes to have access to her hands these days. More on that later...

Likes: mornings, baths, Sophie, being sang to, George Strait lullabies (instantly put her to sleep!) and drum roll please...her hands. Goodness gracious sister LOVES her hands these days and it's so cute! I can hear her sucking on them from another room and she's even given her wrists a couple of hickies lol. The only downside to her loving her hands is that it becomes a real issue when I'm trying to get a bottle in her mouth while she's got 8 fingers in there too!

Dislikes: wet diapers, being too hungry, being too tired, being over stimulated and sometimes she still dislikes tummy time. She doesn't like it necessarily, but she doesn't hate it as much as she used to either so we're slowly getting in more tummy time every day.

Eating: Paisley still eats every 3 hours during the day. Sometimes I'll let her go 3 1/2-4 hours if she's sleeping but we've got a schedule we like to try to stick to so I'd say every 3 hours is pretty consistent. She eats 4 oz. in her bottles throughout the day and before we put her to bed, she gets 5 oz.  I'm exclusively pumping and wouldn't have it any other way. While it's a lot (also see: a TON) of parts to wash, it's much easier for me and I really do enjoy it more because I'm not nursing her for an hour at a time and wanting to hand her off as soon as I'm done because I need a break. I give her a quick bottle and them am able to play with her and snuggle with her more. By me exclusively pumping, it also gives Beaus a chance to help feed her, which he enjoys being able to do more, too. (While I'm not pumping professional, I feel like I've got a good rhythm down pat so if any of you have questions about being an exclusive pumper, please feel free to ask!)

Milestones: holding her head up way better whether we're holding her, she's sitting in her Bumbo or doing tummy time. Like I said she's found her hands and there's no turning back! I can't wait for her to find her feet! She also really focuses in on you and will follow you across the room with her eyes. It's so neat to see all these little changes in her over the last month! Also, sleeping through the night is a HUGE milestone! Lets keep that one going, P! This month she also got her first baby cold and it was not fun, for her or us. It was actually so sad. Beau and I felt so incredibly helpless but we've done everything possible and she's now on the mend! Thank goodness!

Momma's favorites: Her sweet, sweet smiles and giggles first thing in the morning. When I hear her wake up, I'll look down in her Rock n' Play, unswaddle her and as she stretches she gives me the sweetest dang smile to ever exist! Speaking of, the 104 times that she stretches in the morning might be the cutest thing in the world, too! Imagine a butterfly unraveling itself from its cocoon and that's exactly what it looks like! Oh-and freshly bathed baby smell. Good NIGHT I would pay big bucks if someone could bottle that smell for me!

Baby items we can't live without: Rock n' Play, SwaddleMe swaddlers, Sleep Sheep, musical seahorse thing (whatever it's called?!), Boudreaux Extra Strength Butt Paste (stuff is LEGIT), Little Remedies Survival Kit, Sophie the Giraffe, Wubbanub, Dr. Brown's bottles and warmer (this warmer is the best and we've tried several), Ergo Baby 360, Summer swaddle blankets, George Strait lullabies album


I'm sure I'll say this every single month, or day, or hour...but I am literally obsessed with this child and don't feel bad for it one bit. Are there trying times? Hell yes there are. But she is our entire universe and I am still (yes, still!) in utter disbelief that she's mine all mine!


Those thighs are e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g.

56 comments:

  1. Sweet girl! My oh my how she's grown already!! I'm so glad you were able to do an update, and I'm so glad she's over her baby cold! I bet that was no fun whatsoever. She's just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl she is the cutest thing around. I cannot get enough of her and we don't even know each other ahahah I hope that doesn't sound creepy ;) She is seriously adorable! And her style...two thumbs up on that ;) How you doing as being a momma and Stephanie? Do you have to go back to work soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cuteness is soooooooooo.........cute! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word she is adorable!!! I love those squishy legs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet girl is too cute... I cannot believe that she is already 3 months! Time seems to have flown by..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please stop growing Miss P - time is going by too quickly!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so cute!!! I think the 3 month to pre crawling is so fun!!! I love that they just sit there and stare at you and smile!! She's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those thighs tho. I love me some little squishy baby thighs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How!? How is she already 3 months old!? She's absolutely precious & I love those chunky thighs!! Sister, I would like to know everything you know about exclusively pumping! I've told 2 doctors that & they pretty much laugh in my face. Which fine but, I really want to try exclusively pumping so would love all the advice you can give!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too precious for words! Can't believe she is already 3 months. Feels like just yesterday I was reading your bumpdates!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Steph, she is literally PERFECTION! omg. You are giving me the most serious baby fever to ever exist. haha SO happy for you and your beautiful little family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to hear about your exclusive pumping tips. I have a two month old and nursing has become one of the biggest stressors in my life and I need to do something different for my sanity and to make sure we have a happy baby. Spending 45 minutes nursing every 2-3 hours when he spends most of it screaming his head off is not exactly what I had in mind. But yet he takes a bottle in 15 minutes and is happy as a clam after. Please share anything and everything for this desperate momma.

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg, me too on the exclusive pumping!! do a post or email me about how you've transitioned to it. my son is only 2.5 weeks old, when did you transition to EP? I think i'm having supply or letdown issues, and need as much info as i can get!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is so adorable!! I have a newborn and am thinking of converting to exclusively pumping because we are having latching problems and I don't know if he is getting enough. Could you tell me how often you pump during the day to increase your supply?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Same as those above.. Would love to hear more about exclusively pumping. I have a 2 week old and while his latch is great on the left and is an awesome nurser, the right is another story. I've been pumping to build a supply and have to pump my right almost exclusively now. I'm having some similar feelings as you mentioned. Any more info would be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Would love some tips on EP. I have a two week old who hates to work for her food bc we had to give her a bottle right out of the womb bc her blood sugar was low so i have been pumping from the start but im trying to build my supply and feel like im not getting anywhere (im pumping 7 times a day....i read it builds your supply) im scared by the time she gets passed her 3 ou thats shes at now ill have to add formula bc i wont have enough

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ditto to everyone above you wants a post on EP! : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. where have you been, I miss your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is so cute!!! Just found your blog :) Chelsea@ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad I came across your blog today! I just followed you =]

    ps your baby is beautiful!!!
    xoxo rkush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Did you know that you can shorten your long links with LinkShrink and earn money for every visitor to your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. شركة تاج لتنظيف المنازل وتسليك المجاري ومكافحة الحشرات بالدمام 0551844053 تمتلك الشركة افضل الادوات المثالية التى تستخدم في
    عمليات التنظيف بمفهومها الشامل والحديث شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
    ومن خدمات شركة تاج ايضا بمدينة الدمام ومنها :
    شركة تسليك مجاري بالدمام
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
    شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالدمام
    شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالدمام
    شركة مكافحة الحمام بالدمام والخبر



    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am thankful to this blog giving unique and helpful knowledge about this topic, I read your blog now share great information here.Visit here:-
    Online shopping kids malaysia

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a superb article, Given such a great amount of data in it, These sort of articles keeps the clients enthusiasm for the site, and continue sharing more ... good fortunes.

    seo package

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a superb article, Given such a great amount of data in it,
    los angeles web design

    ReplyDelete
  28. thyroid treatment
    A decent blog dependably thinks of new and energizing data and keeping in mind that understanding I have feel that this blog is truly have each one of those quality that qualify a blog to be an one.I needed to leave a little remark to help you and wish you a decent continuation. Wishing you the good luck for all your blogging endeavors.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Accountants Hove
    I like our substance much obliged for posting I will return to peruse this astonishing stuff

    ReplyDelete
  30. Magnificent design and great utilization of fluctuated media.


    samsung galaxy cases

    ReplyDelete
  31. Accountants Hove
    i get solution of a problem after reading this artical thanksssss

    ReplyDelete
  32. After I read and endeavor to comprehend this article lastly amazingwe are for the most part appreciative for the presence of this article can include considerably more knowledge for every one of us. much obliged to you.


    Accountants Brighton

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've been surfing on the web more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any stupefying article like yours. It's imperatively worth for me. As I would see it, if all web proprietors and bloggers made confusing substance as you did, the net will be in a general sense more profitable than at whatever point in late memory.

    Tax Advisors

    ReplyDelete
  34. Promotional Gifts Dubai.
    Naazme have unique corporate gifts, promotional gifts, business gifts in dubai for your customers. Exclusive cross leather gift items supplier in Dubai. We are the top corporate gifts supplier in Dubai.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am really impressed by your work, we also work in High standard Embroidery digitizing The Mary digitizing Provide best embroidery digitizing service, it is a great way to start creating and editing professional embroidery designs on a very affordable budget.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I am really enjoying embroidery. You did a wonderful job. Thanks for pointing me to this blog!
    Embroidery Digitizing

    ReplyDelete
  37. Very nice blog shared! Do check our site if you are interested in Embroidery Digitizing

    ReplyDelete
  38. Nice Blog !
    Our team at QuickBooks Customer Service works hard to give you assistance in all the areas including installation, upgrading, and troubleshooting of error codes.

    ReplyDelete
  39. How can I learn embroidery at home?

    Step 1: What You'll Need to Start embroidery digitizing.
    Step 2: How to Use an Embroidery Hoop.
    Step 3: Threading the Needle and All About Floss.
    Step 4: How to Do the Running Stitch.
    Step 5: How to Do the Backstitch.
    Step 6: How to Do the Split Stitch.
    Step 7: How to Make a French Knot.
    Step 8: How to Do the Stem Stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I have to agree with everything in this post. Thanks for useful sharing information.
    Fashion Bloggers In Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  41. Sofa and rug cleaning company in Riyadh
    شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
    From today onwards, goodbye to all the dirt and stains that are found on sofas and rugs. The rug is one of the furniture that suits all sizes, all sizes of wholesale in its acquisition and beautiful colors, in addition to the presence of the sofa, which is one of the upholstered wooden furniture that gives the place beauty and elegance. The sofa and rug are quickly exposed to dirt and accumulation Sofa cleaning company in Riyadh for all over the world, helping to remove the trouble from the housewife and providing her with a sofa cleaning service at the highest level and at the cheapest prices.شركة تنظيف كنب بالرياض

    We have a distinguished work group of best practices in the best areas in Riyadh, experience and knowledge in how to deal with large areas such as villas throughout the wooden furniture in the villa and removing dirt and dust accumulated on it. Attention to cleaning upholstered furniture such as the sofa and the Majlis uses a steam device that helps to clean it at a level Top Removing stubborn stains on the surface of sofas and chairs, in addition to its great ability to sterilize and disinfect upholstered furniture to get rid of all viruses stuck to it.شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض

    شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياضOur company has a tank cleaning company in Riyadh, technicians and engineers specialized in cleaning tanks well and with high efficiency due to their long experience in this field and their dealing with all types of tanks in a professional manner to get rid of all pollutants that lead to water pollution and make it unfit for human use, and our company is a tank insulation company in Riyadh that has the strongest Detergents that have a strong effect in cleaning the tank of the highest quality.

    شركة جلي بلاط بالرياض
    شركة تنظيف ارضيات بالرياض

    ReplyDelete
  42. I got too much interesting stuff on your blog. I like this and its helpful for me and i appreciate your work. Buy Instagram Followers In Delhi

    ReplyDelete

  43. ل سئمت من مشاكل تسريب المياه في منزلك الان يمكنك حل هذه المشكل بكل سهولة من خلال شركة ركن كلين لكشف تسربات المياه فى الرياض، حيث تقدم لكم الشركة افضل الحلول لكشف تسرب المياة بأفضل التكنولوجيا الحديثة دون الحاجة الى التكسير حيث اننا من افضل الشركات المتخصصة فى كشف تسرب الماء , لدينا افضل طاقم عمل مدرب على اجهزة الكشف واكتشاف المشاكل واصلاحها.ارخص شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالخرج

    فاعندما يتم الكشف عن التسرب فى هذه الحالة تحتج الى شركة عزل اقدم اليكم خدمتنا فى العزل
    شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض

    ReplyDelete
  44. anyone looking for baby gifts must visit:
    https://giftplanet.ae/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...