1. The top item on your to-do list every week is "Buy more bones."
2. You know the 16th of every month is always the day you have to coat that delicious little heart worm pill in 2 pounds of peanut butter and shove it down your 4-legged creature's throat.
3. Everything on your counters is pushed all the way to the very back for fear of lurking counter surfers.
4. Your couch hasn't seen throw pillows since the day you brought your furry friend home.
5. Morning routines now involve encouraging potty breaks, puppy food and long walks around the hood.
6. The lunch breaks you used to use for shopping purposes have now been taken over by trips back home for more encouraging potty breaks and yet another walk.
7. Pumpkin, peanut butter and coconut oil are what you now refer to as "puppy crack".
8. Your Instagram feed looks like this, this and this.
9. Slobber, dog hair and wet nose prints are your newest accessories.
10. Nose art can and will always be found on your car window, your front door, your back door, your refrigerator door, your dishwasher and your shower door.
11. You now vacuum 2 times a week rather than 2 times a month and now that you have this curious animal following you around and biting at the cord, it takes twice as long.
12. Your garbage can has a new spot: behind the closed pantry door and facing backwards at all times.
13. Date nights are cut short by a few hours thanks to the guilt that comes with leaving your fur child in a kennel.
14. Conversations with friends went from "What's your favorite vodka?" to "What kind of food do you feed your dog?"
15. Day trips to the bar have turned into trips to the dog park.
16. There's no such thing as sleeping in on the weekends.
17. Your "No dogs on the bed or couch" rule went out the door at month 2.
18. A new section of your budget is carved out specifically for "The Dog".
19. Money spent on vacations is now spent on training sessions and boarding.
20. Getting ready in the mornings consists of 80 pounds of fur in your lap while her nose deep dives into the makeup drawer for brushes.
21. Speaking of couches...yours is now covered in sheets.
Goodness gracious...it's amazing how these little rascals change us so much and so quickly...all for the better, of course!
*Post inspired by none other than THE Daily Tay. :)