April 23, 2010

Stressing to not stress...

Ok, so as you all know by now, I am getting married next year therefore, I am in the process of planning our wedding. You would think I would be stressed out over wedding plans...NO. I'm still stressed out about this stupid car situation.

The latest on my car "drama": Basically, Mazda, NTB and Gallagher Bassett (NTB's insurance company) can't get their crap together. NTB and Gallagher Bassett are the worst run companies I have ever had to deal with. No one returns phone calls, no one answers their phones, and no one has the first idea as to what to do. Come on people! It's clear as day that the oil in the car didn't just "disappear"...it was never put in! And don't even try to point fingers at me like I "siphoned" the oil out, I don't even know where the dipstick is! They are trying to convince me that they have never dealt with a problem like this before. Puh-lease! You have over 600 locations...don't tell me this has never happened before!

As you can tell...it's a touchy subject! I am trying my absolute damnedest to NOT stress out about this because as some of you may know, I had Bell's Palsy earlier this year. The number one cause of Bell's Palsy is stress. To put it in layman's terms...Bell's Palsy is basically inflammation of the 7th cranial nerve. It causes facial paralysis on one or both sides of your face. It can be permanent or temporary, lasting anywhere from a few weeks to months to even years. There is no treatment and very little is know about it by doctors. You can take steroids but only for a week. After that, you have to basically wait for it to go away on its own. As a vitamin consultant, I just knew there was some type of supplement I could take that would at least help the situation so I researched and researched and researched. By the grace of God, my first experience with BP only effected the left side of my face and it only lasted for about five weeks. I can honestly say, the supplements helped tremendously. It was one of the scariest things I have ever dealt with. My left eye didn't blink, my tongue was numb and my smile was crooked because the muscles on the left side of my face were completely numb so they couldn't pull my lips over when I smiled. I felt like a stroke victim-it was so sad.

As you can see, BP affected me so much. I thank God every day for getting me through it all, BUT, I DO NOT want it to EVER come back...because it can. And I heard the second time it can be a lot worse than the first. So now, you know why I am 'stressing not to stress'. Hopefully this weekend will be relaxing, stress-free and enjoyable. Although I am still "carless", I have my wonderful fiance to tote me around all weekend! I heart him!

Happy Friday!

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...