May 11, 2010

Tag-I'm It!

So my friend Kristen tagged me and I am supposed to answer these questions(...or she will badger me to death.) So here goes...

Who is your style icon?
Really? Have you seen the clothes I wear? I have come to the conclusion that I don't really have a style icon. I'm not very creative when it comes to my clothes. As long as it's cute and I'm somewhat comfortable, I'm all for it. I LOVE LOVE LOVE dresses. Short dresses, long dresses, cocktail dresses-I love 'em all! I like BIG purses, which I can thank Jessica Simpson for and I really like BIG sunglasses...thank you Paris Hilton. Like my friend Kristen, I'm not the kind of girl who sees an outfit in a magazine and runs to the mall to buy it. My philosophy: if the shirt fits, buy it in every color. And for the record, NO, Paris Hilton is NOT my style icon. I just like her big sunglasses!


What is your favorite socialite literature?
Hmmm...well the only books I have read by a celebrity (I don't know that I would call her a 'socialite') is by the Chelsea Handler. I have read 'Are You There Vodka, It's Me Chelsea' and 'My Horizontal Life'. Funniest. Book. Ever. No joke. And to make things even better, she has a new one out-'Chelsea Chelsea, Bang Bang' which should be interesting. And to put the icing on the cake, her little nugget, Chuy, has a book too! It's called 'Little Nuggets of Wisdom'. I read a few pages while moseying around Target and let's just say I was the weird girl one aisle over laughing by myself. It's a MUST!


What is your favorite party theme?
I love themes. I love costumes. So really, any party with a theme is my favorite! I like the hoe-down style parties...you know...daisy dukes and cowboy boots but my ultimate theme party style was something we pulled off in college. The Sigma Chi's had a prom night mixer for my sorority. It was SO fun! They picked us up in limousines and everything (even though we lived like 5 houses down from them!) They paired us up with 'prom dates', had a photo booth set up and I got to wear my huge, poofy prom dress all over again! Since I had gained a few 'lbs' since high school, I definitely woke up with bruised ribs the next morning thanks to my size 2 corset top dress, but it was so worth it!

What is your go-to Halloween costume?
Well, over the years my costumes have definitely accumulated. I would say my favorite costume to wear over and over again is my sailor girl costume! It's so cute and I love the little tights with bows that go with it. Pics? Maybe later!

What is an extravagance you cannot live without?
I wouldn't call it an 'extavagance' by any means but something I absolutely CANNOT live without is chapstick, of any form! Burt's Bee's and Tropical Traditions are my ultimate favorites, right in front of Aquaphor. I'm so highly addicted to chapstick/lip balm I sometimes feel like I'm feening for it. Sad...I know. When I work out, it stays in the small pocket of my running shorts. At work, you can always find a tube in my top desk drawer, on my keyboard AND in my suit pocket. At home, I have 3 tubes by my bed, 1 in my bathroom and 1 on the coffee table. In my purse, there are always at least 2 tubes. I buy lip balm in bulk. I should probably own stock in Burt's Bees. It's just one of my things.


Who is a living person you admire?
I know. I know. It's cliche to say my mom, as Kristen put it best, but it's true. First of all, she raised me. Anyone that went through that hell I definitely have admiration for. But second, and most important, my mother has been through SO much in the past 28 months. With my dad, her husband of 24 years, passing away, the woman has incredible strength. A lot of times I don't give her credit where credit is due but she's amazing. I could never imagine going through the heartache she has been through. Granted, he was my daddy. He was my world so it's definitely been an emotional roller coaster but he was my mom's rock. He took care of her, he kept her in check but at the same time gave her every bit of freedom she could have ever asked for. Like any other mom, she will do anything for me. But UNLIKE any other mom, she goes above and beyond and I would be absolutely lost without her. (Love you, Mom!)

What is your greatest fear?
Oooh-tough one. Physically, my biggest fear is anything that has to do with needles. (If you know the episode of me passing out at work while getting a cortisone injection, you feel me!) This is a really strange, and new fear of mine. You see, I have had my ears pierced twice, belly button pierced, and I have two tattoos. I have gotten plenty of injections and have had 3 surgeries so you think it would be no big deal. Pssh...think again! Emotionally, I would have to say pain is my biggest fear. Emotional pain....heartache, loss of a loved one, hurting someone else's feelings, etc. It's not fun. Trust me. Been there. Done that. Things like death are inevitable. I shouldn't be afraid of these things but honestly, I am.

What talent would you most like to have?
I wish I had to ability to retain any and all information. I do a lot of reading and researching, especially with my job, but I have to read something multiple times before it actually sticks. I'm so jealous of the doctor's I work with. I swear, their brains are like sponges. I don't get it! Sure, they're doctors. They're supposed to know everything...but dangit...I want to know everything too!

What is your greatest achievement?
No questions asked-my greatest achievement is graduating college Magna Cum Laude the same semester my dad died. It was a long, rough semester but there was no greater feeling than accomplishing my goals during the hardest time in my life. And daddy would be proud too!

That's all I got! Hope you enjoyed!

Kristen-are you happy!?! ;)

XOXO

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...