Ok so Richard Gere will not be attending this event and if you know the plot of the movie, we will not be killing our husbands BUT...
Whatdya do when your husband has a business trip to the windy city?
You book the first flight you find and go with him.
Whatdya do when your BFF lives w/in driving distance of said 'windy city'?
You beg her, her husband and their 7 pound ball of fur to hop in a car and drive their butts to see you.
Duh and duh.
Thaz right. My "friend I met on the internet" (weird?) and her husband (who supports this "online friendship"...weirder?) will be joining Beau and I on our very first trip to Chicago!! Neither Beau or I have gone before so we're excited to go with people who:
A) drink as much as we do
B) enjoy food as much as we do
C) accept us for the people we are
D) know how to have a good time
E) have been there before and can show us around the city
To be perfectly honest, I'm really not sure what I'm more excited about:
- the fact that I somehow finagled Katie into making yet another trip to see me
- Rocky (their furchild) joining us
- getting away from 99+ degree weather (Hello mid-70s!)
- the possibility of meeting The Daily Tay (fingers crossed!)
- knocking off #13 on my 30 before 30 list
- partaking in copious amounts of food, particularly the infamous Chicago brunches
- being a tourist
- snapping eleventy billion selfies in front of the bean
- seeing what this whole 'windy city thing' is all about
- taking in all the scenery, the buildings, the changing of the leaves, and everything else!
I don't even know what all Chicago has to offer?! My fellow travel bugs or Chigoans (is that even thing?), where should we go? What should we do? What do we HAVE to see?!
Down here we're usually in shorts and flip flops in mid-September but Katie specifically told us we could NOT pack cowboy boots because we'd definitely look out of place (she's such a good friend, right?). All that to say...now I really don't know what to pack?! Coat? Scarf? Boots? What the hay do I wear friends?!
This photo...by the way...was a pain in my NECK so enjoy it. Please. ;)