June 20, 2010

Calling all women...I need your opinion!

Ok so I know I have a wedding blog for stuff like this but it doesn't let me put pictures on there so I need to incorporate a little bit of it on here. I am in desperate need of an honest opinion. My mother is too busy getting into other people's cars (read my last post if you're confused), the fiance could really care less about centerpiece arrangements, and the future mother-in-law is just too darn nice to give me the low down, dirty truth.

Before I begin, I need to explain our wedding style. See, we are both from Texas and love the outdoors, hunting, fishing, rodeo, you name it. However, I'm still a girly-girl at heart. So we have combined the two. I like to call it "rustic with a touch of class". My colors are hot pink and black (see...girly...) but the venue we are having the ceremony and reception at is very rustic.

The ceremony will be held outside at a spanish style gazebo. It has huge white columns with a spanish red roof-just gorgeous! (See below) I know the picture is small but it's all I could find...you get the idea, right?The reception hall is called "Settlement House". It's a huge ballroom and it looks like Davey Crockett threw up Texas flags and cacti everywhere. (No, really!) But it totally suits our taste! See! It has a wrap around porch with old wagon wheels, wooden benches and rocking chairs lining the patio.This is the bar inside of Settlement House. It looks like an old Texas style saloon with swinging doors and barstools. (Not to mention the huge Elk hanging from the wall...)It's no "grand ballroom" and may not be some people's idea of a reception hall, but it's perfect for us!

Just for fun, the venue also has "The Alamo". Yes, an exact replica of the real Alamo! It sounds a little cheesy but you would not believe the amazing pictures I have seen using the Alamo in the background. It's stunning! Believe it or not, people actually get married in there!Ok, so now that you have a better idea of our wedding style, I need your help! I have been literally racking my mind for centerpiece ideas. (Not to mention I am now a regular at Hobby Lobby.) I don't want huge floral arrangements in the middle of every table that the florist throws together...bor-ing...and totally not my style. So I have "googled" and "binged" and searched blog after blog to come up with some ideas for a "rustic" centerpiece. After searching for well over a week, this is what I have come up with. Don't judge me. I'm not a florist. These are just mock centerpiece ideas I came up with to give the florist some direction as to how we would like the reception hall to look. Since I'm pretty good at killing plants, all the flowers are fake. This way I can use them over and over again without them dying. At our reception, the flowers will most definitely be real. The pictures are a little dark so it's hard to see but there is a round mirror under each arrangement with black river rocks scattered.

For this one, I think white gerbers will look better...

I found these little metal embellishments that I couldn't pass up. They are tied in with the raffia...

So that's all! What'd you think?! Honestly...I need all the help I can get & would love your feedback!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the idea of the mason jars... definitely adds to the rustic them. Maybe you could alternate pink and white hydrangeas and some tables with the gerber daisies and the mason jars???? I like it! That metal deal is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love #3 #4 the little green balls in 6 and #7 for the short arrangements.

    Im not a big fan of the mirror underneath but thats just me. i know its very common in weddings i just think it looks cheap. I love the daisy theme. its going to be SO cute!! i also LOVE the mason jars it will be SO cute in Settlement house!

    love love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love the mason jars! I had them at my wedding and my mom may actually have some left. Another idea might also be lanterns which were the centerpieces at my wedding and guess what? Yes, we have those too. Let me know if you want to borrow anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks great! You're going to have a florist do the real deal? They'll be sure that each arrangement is aesthetically balanced and visually appealing... In my mind, when you said pink and black, I pictured something different but, this works! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the 2nd one the best! So cute, and the mason jars and twine add the right amount of rustic! I think it will look so great! Those little embellishments are adorable too!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...