Ok so I lied.
No free pancakes for everyone today but because you asked for the recipe a gazillion times on yesterday's post and on Instagram over the weekend, I bring you what I call "FREE Pancakes". Technically they're not "free" because you've gotta go buy all the stuff to make them but since they're literally free of everything, I though the name was fitting.
And by "free of everything" I really mean everything: gluten, dairy, eggs & sugar.
The first batch I made over the weekend included 80% dark chocolate chips and were uh-may-zing. I kid you not. BUT-they were SO rich and way to sweet for me to eat over and over again. If you're a dark chocolate nut, toss 'em in your mix and you'll think you've died and gone to heaven. Literally.
*makes about 8 six-inch pancakes
- 1 C almond flour (or coconut flour or gluten-free oat flour)
- 1/2 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 t sea salt
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 1/2 T olive oil
- 1/3 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/8 C water
- 1/4 C dark chocolate chips (optional)
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients to make batter.
- Scoop out about 1/3 C pancake batter and pour onto a hot griddle or skillet. (Don't forget to spray it with olive oil or cooking spray to prevent sticking!)
- Once they start to bubble on top, flip those babies and cook until golden brown on both sides. Careful! Don't flip them too early!
- Top with a little Earth Balance soy-free, dairy-free spread. Drizzle a little sugar-free syrup on top
- And then...
EAT. YOUR. HEART. OUT.
You are oh-so-welcome!