Last Thursday we rang in Oakley's half birthday and don't think for a second that we didn't celebrate it with sprinkle filled treats! Around these parts, we celebrate darn near everything with treats! Why not?!
6 months. Whoa. I never thought I'd see the day. Better yet, I didn't think she would either! ;) The fact that we both made it out of the bitey, poopey, yappey, full-blown puppy stages alive is a miracle in and of itself. You think I'm kidding?
Okay...so maybe I do miss her being tiny enough for me to pick her up and hold her with one arm and squish her whenever I want to but honestly, she's a LOT of work! A LOT! Don't get me wrong now. She's worth it in more ways then I could ever know so excuse me while I get all sappy for a moment but I never thought I could love a four-legged, furry, sassy, strong, HUGE, yet, beautiful, sweet, snuggly furchild as much as I do Miss Oakley. She's my girl. That's for sure. :) And she puts up with me. We're a good combo and Beau is just lucky he gets to deal with us. ;)
She has a terrible life, I tell ya...
Age: 6 months and 4 days (I'm a few days behind...forgive me.)
Weight: 69.8 pounds and growing daily...
Height: 23 inches
- Her mom (duh) Ok kidding...
- Going on LONG walks these days and running with me! At last! A dog I can RUN with!
- Hunting for birds and bugs.
- Meeting new friends. Her newest BFF is a Springer Spaniel named Sophie. :)
- Snuggling - if her head isn't ON yours, she (and you) won't be getting any sleep.
- Being underneath our bed, even though she barely fits anymore. She's gonna get stuck one of these days...
- Rides in the golf cart. This is becoming a nightly occasion for her...ok...and us! ;)
- Taking her fish oil...finally!
- Her new food - Fromm Family all natural puppy food. If you're looking for a really good, holistic dog food, Fromm is excellent and Oakley devours it it minutes! Find it here.