July 11, 2013
The Evolution of a Blogger
1. So uhhh...what's this whole blog thing all about? Googles: "What is a blog?"
2. Creates very first Blogger account.
3.Signs into "said" Blogger account and is greeted with the empty white screen of death.
4. Panic ensues.
5. Logs out immediately.
6. Logs back into Blogger account after a solid week of "intense brainstorming" and starts putting together her very first blog post.
7. Starts typing...
8. Delete. Delete. Delete.
9. Back to brainstorming...
10. Whatdya know?! First "epic" blog post written followed by emailing, Facebooking, Tweeting and Instagramming the link out to everyone and their dog.
11. Refreshes post 548 times throughout the day to see if she has any comments yet.
12. Sees none other than a big ugly goose egg next to "Comments". Well....shiiiit...now what??
13. Back to the drawing board she goes and comes out with (what she assumes to be) the greatest blog post of all time.
14. Refreshes screen 549 times...still. no. comments. What gives?!
15. Starts following, reading and commenting on other blogs and FINALLY...her very first follower. A follower!!!!
16. Celebrations ensue.
17. And then...a COMMENT! A real life freaking comment! What now!? Do I play it off as something "normal" and not reply back? Do I reply back like an eager beaver? Decisions. Decisions.
18. She learns to reply to all commenters and thinks she's really got this whole blog thing figured out. Yessssss....
19. Decides to fork up the moolah for a "professional" blog design because afterall, WTF is HTML?? Professional design = professional blogger, right??
20. After finding her footing and writing some really great content, she starts to really pick up some legit traction! Comments, replies, followers, and then...
21. Some sweet soul from another state (say....Ohio....just for an example) emails her and tells her how much she admires her, how beautiful her hair is and how she SO looks forward to reading her blog every single morning. They find 19 more things in common, like her 2nd toe sticks out further than the big toe and she just so happens to be left handed, too.
22. BAM! Blogger BFFs!
23. Continues to create some really good content with actual substance and decides to get "real" one day. You know...no more fluff.
25. WHACK. First rude anonymous comment. Oh no! What have I done to deserve this?
26. Ignores rude anon commenter and goes on with her life. Good girl. :)
27. WRITER'S BLOCK HITS. What in the hell am I supposed to write about today?? This week?? What if I can never think of anything else to write ever again and my blog dies a slow blog death??
28. Stella gets her groove back and then one day, out of nowhere, she gets an email about her very first product review. Free schtuff?? Heck ya!!
29. 2nd rude anonymous comment. She has officially made it.
30. Starts becoming inundated with comments, emails, product reviews, etc and wonders how on earth ANYONE has time for this on top of a real job, a family and, well, a social life.
31. WRITER'S BLOCK. Again??? I think I should really just give up this whole blogging thing...
32. Plans very first trip to meet blogger BFF because afterall, it was fate that they meet.
33. Continues writing...wondering where on earth she's going with this blog thing of hers. Here she is putting her entire life on the World Wide Web. Her "real life" friends thinks she's cray cray and who the hay is reading anyways?! Aha! Google Analytics!
34. Really starts to wonder if she should continue writing FOR FREE...or make this thing a side business. I mean, if you're going to get paid for writing what you're already writing, it just makes sense. Doesn't it?
35. Starts getting paid REAL money for putting every little detail of her life on the internet. Winning! Someone wants to pay me for being awesome? I'll take it.
36. Gets an email from a friend who said she got an email from a friend who said your blog may or may not be all over GOMI. Well...eff. Whatevs. Climbs a bridges and gets over it. #hatersgonhate
37. WRITER'S BLOCK. How the HELL do Living in Yellow, The Daily Tay and The Daybook have THAT much stuff to write about on a daily basis??!! Sometimes even MULTIPLE times a day??!! And HOW are the so witty all the damn time?? Oh ya...because they're legit bloggers.
38. Googles "How to become a real blogger like Sydney from The Daybook".
...and now you know the current state of me and my blog...
Happy Thursday, friends!