June 11, 2014

Hump Day || Bump Day - 27 Weeks

(Dress is old but I think it's from Macy's)

How far along: 27 weeks! Hellllllo third trimester! I think?! I swear these whole "trimesters" have me all kinds of confused. Some books and sites say it starts at 26 weeks, other 27 weeks and others 28 weeks. I really have no idea when he "official" third trimester starts but I figured I'd be close if I considered 27 weeks to be it. Can someone clarify please?!

Baby's size: A cucumber - a little over 15 inches and almost 2 1/2 pounds!

Baby's progress: Baby girl is sleeping and waking at more regular intervals, opening and closing her little eyes (seriously so cool!) and could be sucking her thumb (but let's not make it a habit, mmmkay??) !

Weight gain: I'll know for sure at next week's appointment but if I had to guess I'd say about 15-16 pounds. 

Stretch marks: I think I found one on my boob. Awesome, right? I'm telling y'all, they grew like crazy in the second trimester. It seems to be kind of light, like some days I can see it, and others I can't. It is what it is. I'll try my luck with Mama Bee and hope that I can stick to just that one.

Sleep: Sleep is glorious...in between all 8 trips to the toilet. 

Gender: Baby girl 

Movement: Oh ya! She's been squirming around like crazy this week!! I swear there's a dance party in my belly every single night and I am loving it!! Oh-and I felt her hiccuping for the first time yesterday morning and it might be the coolest feeling yet! Actually, it's pretty darn adorable!

Best moment this week: Hands down, finishing the paint and hanging the chair railing in the nursery and...seeing the crib put together for the very first time! I may or may not have shed a few tears but I couldn't help myself! It's SO surreal knowing there will be a real life baby in that beautiful little crib in just 3 short months!! I can't wait to see the entire nursery come together and show y'all what the finished product looks like!

Looking forward to: Our appointment next Monday AND our 3D/4D ultrasound next Friday!!!! I can't wait to see this baby girl again! Also, her crib bedding should be in at the middle to end of the month and I am DYING to see it in her crib! Without a doubt, I'll be stalking the mailman until I see it on my doorstep...

Food cravings: Still Fruit Loops. Hey, they count as fruit, right?? ;) Ok-and watermelon. I cannot seem to get enough lately!

Weirdest food I ate this week: Nothing too odd. Just lots of fruit loops and watermelon!

Anything making you queasy or sick: No and thank God!

Labor signs: No "real" labor signs but I'm pretty sure I was having Braxton Hicks on Sunday night. I'm no doctor but Google tells me they're cramp-like sensations that last for about a minute and kinda take your breath away when it happens...and that's exactly what was happening. Thanks, Dr. Google.

What I miss: Sleeping on my damn back! Ugh-I miss that something fierce!

Symptoms: The "supposed" Braxton Hicks on Sunday night, and this could be TMI but my pubic bone started hurting this week. Nothing severe-it just feels bruised when I walk, but I'm just assuming it's just getting used to everything around it moving and stretching so I'll just leave it at that. Then again it could be round ligament pain. Heck if I know! I've been trying to figure it out but it's all so confusing!

Workouts: I snuck in one workout this past weekend and am hoping to get back up to the gym a couple more times this week. 

Things that suck: Sleeping on your side. Not cool. Not cool at all. 

Things that don't suck: So last night I starting to fold and put away sweet baby girl's clothes and I swear my heart swelled more and more with every onesie and pair of baby skinny jeans I folded! Granted-I still have to wash it all but I wanted her clothes to be IN her dresser since it's all put together now. 


PS-I think it's safe to say nesting has finally made its way into my life. I organized two random kitchen drawers on my lunch break yesterday and partially cleaned out the garage and a closet last night. 

When I got home, Beau was all sorts of confused in the kitchen. I guess moving the silverware to a completely different drawer is a little confusing, but he looked at me and goes "Are you nesting?" and then proceeded to tell me that it's okay for me to nest by organizing everything but the second I start bring sticks and twigs and leaves into the house we're going to have a real problem. That guy...

I say...LET THE NESTING COMMENCE!!! My house could use some serious organizing/deep cleaning!

13 comments:

  1. Aww, so precious! She's going to be here before you know it! Can't wait to see a reveal of the nursery! And how precious are those little clothes?! Gah! I die.

    Brianna
    xobriannaleigh.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see her nursery when y'all are finished!! You are such a cute momma already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the Babycenter chart for "weeks by trimester" but who knows if it is "right." (It says 28 weeks is 3rd trimester, but who cares). How did you know they were hiccups?? Was it just a different feeling than usual? I've wondered that myself. like how will I know? As for nesting....one day last week I was in the floor, holding the vent off the air conditioner, cleaning it with a vacuum hose, and thought to myself, "this must be nesting." Lastly - I love that dress, but I've told ya that before ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS, I'm a smidge jealous of all your baby girl skinny jeans ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Paisley is going to be quite the stylish little lady! ;) And you are looking gorgeous as always! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the same question as Jill--I wanna know how to know when it's a hiccup!?

    I have to go shopping for skinny jeans, now! Baby Rice doesn't have any other those, YET! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so great! Happy 3rd trimester!! Look at all baby girl's clothes! I can't wait to find out what we are having so I can continue shopping for our peanut. Baby clothes are so freakin cute! Happy nesting to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah you look great!! & All of those clothes!! How precious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look at all those cute clothes!!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love that gorgeous bump - and for the first imd in two pregnancies, I actually miss my bump!
    The little hiccups were my best feeling too, I also craved watermelon and that bruised pubic bone is definitely ligament pain (and it hurts like hell!!)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...