June 18, 2014

Hump Day || Bump Day - 28 Weeks



How far along:  28 weeks. 7 months! Holy crap! I swear the further I get, the quicker it goes by!

Baby size: Eggplant - about 2 pounds and 14 inches long. :)

Baby's progress: Baby is starting to put on more fat (come on big, chunky thighs!) and her lungs are pretty much completely developed at this point!

Weight gain: 18 pounds. Womp womp....

Stretch marks: Nothing new in the stomach/thigh/butt area. I thought I found a small one on my boob last week but I haven't seen it in a few days so I'm not 100% sure. I'm also not sure whether or not this Mama Bee Belly Butter works or not, but I'll take my chances and keep using it!

Sleep: I know I say this every week but my sleep would be great if I wasn't woken up 19 times in the middle of the night feeling like I've been holding my bladder all day long. I'll be really happy to replace my trips to the toilet to trips to baby girl's nursery!

Gender: Baby girl!

Movement: Oh ya! All day long starting at 5am! She had a serious dance party in my belly the other day and in finally got it on video! I swear it lasted for a good 30 minutes. This is probably my absolute favorite part about being pregnant! It just never gets old! 

Best moment this week: Receiving Paisley's baby book was definitely a highlight this week! It's so surreal to have a completely blank baby book all for me to fill out just for her! (They messed up on the spelling of her name so once it's fixed, I'll be sure to blog about it!) Also, just finding more decorations for her nursery makes me happy! Lamps, curtains, picture frames...ugh...it's just all so dang cute! (Also see-so dang expensive!) Oh! And we toured a daycare and the hospital, too! We have a couple more daycare tours and one more hospital tour before we make up our minds for each, but it just makes it feel that much more real!

Looking forward to: Our 3D ultrasound on Friday!!! I seriously cannot wait to see what this little peanut looks like! I've only been able to associate her with fruit sizes up until this point so I am literally counting down the days until I get to see that tiny nose, those precious cheeks and her little baby hands! Plus, both sets of parents are coming as well as my aunt and uncle so everyone will get a peek at our baby girl!

Food cravings: Still Fruit Loops and watermelon. I've killed an entire watermelon by myself every week for the past month. So so good!

Weirdest food I ate this week: I actually started eating chicken again! For a while there, I couldn't stand the idea of chicken but I've had it twice this week and I think I'm slowly getting out of that funk!

Anything making you queasy or sick: No and thank God!

Labor signs: Nope. Let's hope it stays that way for another 12 weeks!

What I miss: Forget the wine...though I miss that for sure...I definitely miss sleeping comfortably, on my back and uninterrupted. 

Symptoms: This week, my pelvic bone is still sore and almost feels bruised. According to the doctor, it's completely normal and is just caused by the shifting/spreading of my pelvis. Also, my legs and feet get really tired at the end of the day. I went to the mall last weekend...the same mall that I used to easily walk up and down twice in the same trip...but this time, no way. No lie I had to stop and sit on a bench twice & I even considered calling Beau to come pick me up because I honestly didn't think I'd make it back to my car! Slightly dramatic? Probably. But it's just weird to not be able to do things I'm so used to doing!

Workouts: I snuck in one workout this past weekend and am hoping to get back up to the gym a couple more times this week. 

Things that suck: Having the read up on all the different necessary & unnecessary vaccines they try to inject baby and me with. Beau and I want to be able to make an educated decision about us and our baby being vaccinated so though it's obnoxious to have to do so much research, it's worth it to me. The Vaccine Book by Dr. Sears came highly recommended to me from my boss and I'm anxious to bust it open and dive in. I've heard really great things about the book and that the author is on neutral ground when it comes to vaccinations, in case you're wanting to do some research, too. 

Things that don't suck: I really can't complain! I have a sweet baby girl in my belly who loves to squirm around and I feel pretty great for being in my third trimester! Oh-and yesterday my work upgraded me and all the other preglets at my office to better parking spots for the rest of our pregnancies! Definitely a perk I'm very thankful for!! (It really is the little things!)

I'm hoping to put together an awesome registry checklist tonight and have it up tomorrow for anyone else needing to start their baby registry. The combination of two lists I've been using have helped Beau and I tremendously so I hope it is just as helpful to someone else out there! We shall see...no promises! ;) Every time I say "I promise..."...it never happens...

12 comments:

  1. You look amazing for being in your 3rd trimester! I love the video of your little girl moving around! I can't wait to feel my baby move!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little bump is so adorable! I definitely couldn't eat chicken either during my pregnancy...I still try to avoid it and I'm 36 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get her baby book? I'm still looking for a good one! I have a little notebook I've been writing stuff down in, but I can't find something that I love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear, my little guy stops moving every time I bust out my phone to take a video! You are looking great girly. Hoping this last trimester flies by for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good!! I cannot believe you're in your third tri-mester already!! So crazy!! These next 12 weeks will fly by!! Loved the video you shared on Insta the other day! It's incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Random reader here: when looking into vaccine stuff I would highly recommend looking into "delayed" schedules. We did this for the first 12 months with our now 14 month old daughter and it worked great for us! She has been vaccinated for the same things any other 14 month old would have been (except Hep B which we decided to delay longer because we saw it as unnecessary at this point) but instead of getting 4 shots at each of her well baby checks, we took her in once a month and she only got 1-2 shots at each visit. This way their tiny immune systems aren't being overloaded with so much at once!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look more and more adorable with every bump date!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember just wanting to sleep comfortably! I feel your pain! You are looking great and I can't wait to see your little girl when she makes her debut!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous mama to be - pregnancy suits you my friend!
    Would love to hear your views on vaccinations when you decide - quite controversial here in SA!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Feeling Weston move was definitely my favorite part too! :) Enjoy your last trimester mama - it'll fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PLEASE please please vaccinate your baby girl! I am a pediatric nurse practitioner and see too much of what happens when you don't vaccinate. I don't know that book, but I do hope the physician speaks the facts. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...