September 18, 2012

Kauai: Part One {Days 1-4}

I'd be lying if I told you I did not take 2,000+ photos over the span of 10 days. 

Perhaps I got a little snap happy. Maybe I lived up to my nickname of "Paparazzi". I'd like to say I captured every single moment...the good, the better and the best (since there is obviously no "bad" or "ugly" when we're talking about Hawaii). 

Let's just say Kauai did not disappoint. 

It's the most lush, green piece of land you ever did see. It literally rains every. single. day. but it pours for two whole minutes and then goes away like rain never even existed. Fun fact: it rains 350 days out of the year in Kauai (someone paid attention on the kayak tour...) 

 I should probably preface this by saying the main reason we went was for our college friend's, Jack and Kelly's, wedding. We got there on a Thursday night, the wedding festivities were Friday through Sunday, and we stayed until the following Thursday. 

While I'd like to sit here and say it was "just the right amount of time", who the hell am I kidding?! Seven days in Kauai will never be long enough. It's just so gosh darn beautiful and there is a TON to do and see. 

If I could pick up my friends, family and job and move them all to the island...I wouldn't even think twice about it.

...But enough of this jibber jabber. I'll let the pictures do the majority of the talking

***

Rehearsal dinner & private luau on the beach

Malini/Page wedding at Na Aina Kai Botanical Gardens
Only the most incredible reception I've ever seen!
Sunset dinner cruise along the NaPali Coast
PS: I'll have 3 recap posts total...tomorrow I'll finish out the rest of our trip and then Wednesday I have something that's still vacation related but is so special it deserves a post of it's own! :)

30 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics! That looks like so much fun! Sooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I have no words....well more like a million words. That wedding is just so gorgeous! We are going to one in Riveria Maya in 2 weeks! I am really digging the guys light suits and the bowties. and the cake! all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pics! And I'm so happy you had such an amazing time--can't wait to hear more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THAT WEDDING!!!!!!!

    HOLY. HOLY. I imagined it in my head from what you said but my god...GORGEOUS. And you my pretty princess, I'm just so blessed to have in my life because you are so gorgeous and perfect. and now I sound like a lez.

    on that note..ta ta love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I so want to go back to Kauai. Every time I see someone else go it makes me want to move there even more. I suppose that's my subconscious telling me something huh?! Isn't it beautiful! Love the pics and it looks like you had a blast! Can't wait to see what special post is :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks beautiful there! So jealous. I love your maxi dress from the rehearsal dinner...very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love love your dress from the rehearsal dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks amazing! and LOVE your dress you wore at the wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooooo pretty muffin! I love it! And your dress is precious! I want it! I want YOU! OH baby OH baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I love how you did these into collages. How did you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY GOSH this is literally heaven

    i need to go here!! i need your dress! i need that sunset!

    seriously gorgeous stephy...cannot wait to see the rest!

    xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning place and a beautiful wedding too! Thanks for sharing the great pics from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look so pretty in the dress! i love your hair!

    those bowties are super cute too

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great!! So beautiful!! Can't wait to see more pics!

    P.S. Beau need to work on his jump ;)
    Geoff sucks at jumping and Todd looks like he is a professional jumper...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely stunning!!!! I'm so j right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is not real life!! That looks like a wedding that only exists on Pinterest! The wedding is stunning, you are stunning and the sunset is perfection ! Can't wait for the rest :):)

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! What a wedding!!! Absolutely beautiful. I love the dress you wore to the rehearsal also :) I've always wanted to go to Kauai and now I want to even more! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing!! It's so beautiful there. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful wedding!! And I LOVE the first dress you have on! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That reception is too die. Holy moly.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It all looks so amazing, and making me so jealous!!
    Love all the bright colors in all your pics - what special memories x

    ReplyDelete
  22. It all looks so amazing, and making me so jealous!!
    Love all the bright colors in all your pics - what special memories x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous pictures! Just found your blog & am so glad!

    Katherine

    http://mintedglam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Holy moly, such beautiful photos! And you look stunning too!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. We honeymooned here and just loved every.single.second! So glad you had a blast!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing :)

    Clarissa

    ReplyDelete
  27. That reception is magical and so are all those pictures. I wish I could be back in Hawaii right meow. Love your maxis!!! Super cute!!!!! I'm getting caught up on your blog. Ugh, I've missed so much.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...