September 27, 2012

Rock the Dress Photoshoot

Once upon a time I received a text from a blogger love muffin named Shalyn. While I don't remember the exact dialogue, I do remember it had something to do with her wanting to build her wedding portfolio, me in my wedding dress, Beau in his suit and her taking pictures of us. Quicker than the speed of light I {obviously} agreed. {Per any man's usual demeanor, Beau was less than thrilled to know we'd be taking more wedding photos. Ha!}

After many, many conflicts in our schedules, we finally set a date and a place. We would be heading to my favorite place in this entire world, the Frio River {a place I've literally DREAMED of taking wedding photos at for just about my entire life} and would have our very own wedding photo shoot. 

Dream come true?
Yes.

(I should also mention this would be the first time ever I'd be meeting Shalyn and her husband, the infamous DDHP, so to say I was beyond excited would be the understatement of the year! Read about the entire weekend here.)

Well...lo and behold...that little fancypants Shay has the photoshoot up on her blog and for the first time EVER, I got to see the pictures from that day...

(Yes-that would be Beau lacing up my dress)   :)


Y'all.
I have no words.
 


If I had it to do all over again...there's no doubt Shalyn would be snapping my wedding day. I've never met someone so creative, so fun, so talented and so thoughtful as Shalyn. Coming from someone who's taken wedding photos 3 {yes, THREE...read here and here} times now, she made it so non-awkward, non-stressful and so much fun! Winning!

 
A girl who once cried hysterically over her wedding photos for days on end, now has something to treasure forever...


So thank you, Shalyn, for giving me this opportunity, for making this photoshoot SO much fun, for giving us pictures that we'll be proud to show our grandkids one day and for overall, being such a kind, generous and loving friend!!


(&& thank you, Beau, for putting up with yet another wedding photoshoot. You rock my socks!)
 

32 comments:

  1. She's amazing and so are all of these photos. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has such a great eye - If she lived in TN I would be all over her for our wedding in april! Gorgeous pics of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading on your blog that you weren't too happy with your original wedding pictures and what an amazing thing that you were able to recreate it!!! Shalyn kicks butt and you guys are just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I never did wedding day photos with my hubs and i wish we had.... maybe for an anniversary?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty! She's very talented. Your eyes are GORGEOUSSS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shay is incredible! She did an amazing job! Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pictures came out gorgeous!!! So happy you have pictures you can treasure forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful photos! And you look gorgeous as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE! You look gorgeous! Bo actually looks like he might have just enjoyed himself a little bit! Love that you had the opportunity to have these pictures together. Rock the dress, you did, sister! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've commented on Shay's blog AND on Twitter - but these photos are just STUNNING. You can honestly see the love between you and Beau. I've been debating doing another wedding sesh, because I'm not in love with mine. This just put me over the edge! Decision made.

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw I want to do this! so fun-and you two look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these pictures!
    You two are such a cute couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your eyes look huge (in a really good way!) in the first picture of you two. She did a really awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You two look amazing and Shalyn is wicked talented! Love these pics, doll!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You and Shaylyn are two of my favorite bloggers so YOU KNOW if I ever make it to the great state of Texas I'll be calling you up for a meet-and-greet. I'll bring the wine. Beautiful photos of a beautiful couple :)

    XO
    Kait
    kaitsawyer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love love love these!!!

    And I'm with Kait, except I'll bring the bourbon.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. 3rd time's a charm! Love how these turned out! Beau is such a rockstar for going through 3 rounds of wedding photoshoots!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are sooo lucky to have got to do wedding pictures again! I love my wedding photos (that were taken less an a year ago), but I want more!! hahah Truthfully I think I just want to wear my dress again. I want more creative pictures taken rather than the "posed" pictures.

    Love these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a dream come true - every girl wants to wear her dress again (and fit into it too!!)

    LOVE these pics - stunning models and great photographer x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cool that you were able to do this. The pictures are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love these pictures! You look gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are absolutely amazing!!

    Xo, Rachel

    http://www.glitzyblues.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey beeotch, I'm back! I saw the pics on shays blog a little but ago and commented there but you look freakin gorge and the pictures are amazing! So gorgeous ... You and the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  24. how incredible! you both look perfect in these photos, so i'm glad that you got your perfect wedding photos in the end! New follower, can't wait to catch up on your posts!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...