September 11, 2012

Starstruck


Have you ever been to a blog before and thought "Whoa. I think this person is semi-famous!"

Ya. Well...that's exactly how I feel about this chick that's takin' over for the day. I'd be lying if I didn't say I'm completely flattered that she agreed to write for me while I'm out sipping tropical drinks on a beach in Hawaii while I'm off work for 10 days straight. But enough about me...did I mention she's an author-in-the-making?!

{Y'all. I really think a celeb has graced this blog today.}

Today, the gorgeous Kelly from Eat Yourself Skinny will be making all our tummies growl with yet another one of her incredible recipes. Sister is talented...amazing recipes with mouthwatering pictures of each and every one of them...I really don't know how she does it all (but am SO glad that she does!) Oh-and they're all healthy, too! Win/win/win...yes?!

Anywho...Kelly...take it away!



Thai Peanut Noodles with Chicken

When it comes to eating healthy, I absolutely hate restricting myself!  Sure you can eat all the lettuce, fruits and veggies that you want and lose weight, but eating the same foods day in and day out can get pretty boring.  Having a variety and lightening up your favorite {indulgent} recipes makes eating healthy an enjoyable experience.

Ok, so I don’t know about you, but ordering take-out in the middle of the week when you’re completely exhausted and don’t feel like doing much of anything, let alone cooking, always sounds amazing…just not so amazing for your mid-section.  One of my absolute favorite recipes to order is spicy Thai peanut noodles, but they can typically run you over 400 calories per serving!  Yeah no thanks.  So I decided to make my own healthier version.  I used soba noodles rather than regular pasta, I cut out over half the oil the typical recipe usually calls for and threw in some fresh veggies for additional flavor.

I know what you’re thinking.  If you’re too tired to cook and want to order in, then what’s the point in making your own??  Well I can promise you that you can make this entire dish in less time than it takes the restaurant to cook your meal and have the delivery man bring it to you!  It’s also super easy and if you can boil water then I guarantee that you’re already one step ahead of the game.

Oh and did I mention this is only 222 calories per serving?
Yeah you’ll never order take-out again.


Here are your ingredients:

12 oz. soba noodles
6 Tbsp fresh lime juice
3 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
3 Tbsp reduced-fat peanut butter
1 Tbsp Splenda Brown Sugar Blend (or 3 Tbsp of regular brown sugar)
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup cooked chicken, chopped
1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 cup scallions, sliced
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
Sesame seeds, as garnish

Cook soba noodles according to package directions.  Meanwhile, whisk together peanut butter and 3 tablespoons of lime juice.  Whisk in the rest of the ingredients, including your fresh herbs, and toss with the noodles.  Garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy!


5 comments:

  1. WOWZA! This is a SUPER easy recipe! & sounds so good too! I love all of your recipes Kelly! Can't wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah! I'm totally going to have to try this! We don't keep many of the ingredients around the house, but next trip to the store I'm on it! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds delicious; i am very into thai food right now; omg i love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Steph you are seriously the sweetest!!! THANK YOU! Hope you're having a fabulous vacation!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her blog may be eat yourself skinny...but I may be happening to eat 10 dishes of each of these! they look amazing! and making me hungry now, but all i have are sour patch kids...those will have to suffice until I can make these!! yum yum yum

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...