October 23, 2012

15 Sure Signs You're Aging

Besides wrinkles, mortgage payments, a slower metobolism and an earlier bed time, there are some surefire signs you're growing old...

1. Saturday morning hangovers sound worse than your annual trip to the gyno.
 
2. Instead of a cordless phone and the framed photo of your boyfriend you kiss goodnight every time you go to bed being on your nightstand, a few tubes of lip balm, the biggest jar of Tums you can find and a flashlight reside there.
 
3. Because of #1, your idea of a wild Friday night is dinner at Chipotle and furniture shopping at Dillard's followed by a evening of trashy reality TV and a nail painting marathon. Oh-and pinning. (God forbid, don't forget about the pinning!)

4. Speaking of pinning...Pinterest AND Instagram weren't "around" when you got married.
 
5. Sunday afternoon grocery store hauls and a complete meal plan for the week make for a completely productive Sunday afternoon.

6. You specifically go out of your way to make sure any form of an alarm clock is turned off on Saturday and Sundays yet you wake up at the ass-crack of dawn anyways.

7. Your mother isn't there to yell at you to clean your room and your bathroom yet you do it anyway.

8. You have "routines" and don't like straying from them.
(Some may call this "stuck in their ways". I like to call it "structure".)

9. Your greatest accomplishment of the week is a tidy kitchen, a vacuumed floor & empty laundry baskets. (You also follow this by posting your success all over every social media platform. #guilty)

10. Conversations regarding cars, homes, careers and the weather are normal.(No more "Dude. Where's my car?" or "I did WHHAAA with WHOOO last night!?")

11. Crock pot meals are a delicacy.

12. You fully believe naptime should be a requirement at work and will do anything in your power to get this new law to pass. (Uncle Si said it best... "Work hard. Nap hard." #duckdynasty)
 
13. The whole "ready to have a baby" age is sneaking up on you
and yet you're still telling people "Two more years!"

14. You know the entire cast of Real World Season 1.

15. ...and The Bachelorette...all 8 seasons.

If you nodded your head to more than 1 of the 12 options, you, my friend, are getting old. ;)
 

39 comments:

  1. I need coffee... I read "lubes" on your nightstand. My bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for confirming ALL of these for me! HA! My routines are precious & what keeps me sane & in a happy mood... Don't screw with my routines! HAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm def. old. when did this happen? i remember turning 18 and feeling oh so cool that i could pierce my ear without my mom's permission. oh gosh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GAHHH THESE ARE SO TRUE!!! And I relate to pretty much every single one. Holy Hangovers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA I love this post! I laughed the whole time... I agree with you, one night of drinking basically throws me off for the rest of the week with recovery..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm STILL bitter about the whole not having Pinterest when I got married thing....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha love this post. How true each and every one of those points are :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I'm definitely old. LOL. Love this post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Head nodding to every single one of those.. Although the other day I did say who is soberest to drive.. Clearly horrible choice in words.. That's where we decided to grab a cab..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yup, def old then hah! Loved this!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh. So true. So VERY VERY true. I am now definitely old. Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this post!! Hubby & I went tailgating and drank all day Saturday...we wasted all day Sunday recovering. And all we kept saying, "We're getting so old." Haha. And totally agree with #5. We consider it a successful weekend if we get the grocery shopping & football game watching accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahah this is funny. My way of staying young was marrying a guy 6 years older than me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this!! I nodded my head to every single one of these....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh good gracious! I AM getting old, thanks for the confirmation. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha this is so true!!! All of these things.. wow. So so true.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhh I nodded my head to way too many of these hahaha

    Friday nights I cringe when I have plans to do anything that requires me to get dressed up and stay out later than 9.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahha love this. Sunday night grocery trips and crock pots are a staple in our house!

    That and taking my bra off for the evening...that is a true joy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great. Like I needed someone else telling me I'm getting old : )

    very cute post, my darlin.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Geez - guilty of at least 10 of these. Dang, I am old.

    ReplyDelete
  21. haha I LOVE this because its SO true lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm 23 and you just made even me feel old. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  23. thanks for making me feel like I am aging rapidly.. lol I just turned 23 & yet I think ALL of this is true!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yea...wow all of these hit home.
    Yep - laundry put away is a HUGE accomplishment.
    And pinterest and instagram were NOT around when I got married - damn it.

    Ugh.

    <3
    Erin
    www.cali-landchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is amazing! Totally e-mailing the link to my hs/college buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG Steph, this couldn't be more appropriate or applicable to my life. Especially the part about the hangovers. FML!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this post, yet it makes me feel CRAZY OLD. I love the Sunday grocery shoppin the most because me and the boyfriend go to walmart EVERY Sunday. HE is the one who makes me go up every sinle aisle

    ReplyDelete
  28. That first picture really is the story of my life. I remember the days where I could stay out until 2-3am and then be able to make it to an 8am class the next day... NOT ANYMORE, hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hahahaaaaa!! This is so true and it's official...I am getting old!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hell I wake up now the time I used to go to bed in college!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ha! Somehow this post is comforting. Call me crazy, but I'm digging the near thirties much more than wasted face early twenties/college. Fun post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. not only am i old, but i'm also a grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  33. lol babies on purpose. So true. What the hell is what that. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  34. HILARIOUS! And so so so true. All of it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...