October 29, 2012

A Halloween of Firsts

Here we are...yet another holiday closer to Christmas! Is it just me or do you feel like once Halloween hits, it's pretty much time to bust out the stockings?

I know...I know...technically Halloween isn't until Wednesday but once you reach my age, you celebrate holidays the weekend before unless you automatically get the following day off work. In this case, I will not be taking off on Thursday and therefore, in my eyes, Halloween is officially over.

Lets go ahead and say that Halloween 2012 marked a lot of "firsts" in my book:

*First of the firsts...there was no nap involved this year. Nope. Not even a one. I went from tailgating, to a football game and then to a house party without one single yawn. Ok-I yawned.  And I may or may not have made a pit stop for the largest Red Bull the gas station carried but my eyes never closed until my head hit the pillow at 1am. Yep. One-ayy-emm. {Surprised? Me too.}

*On that note, can we have a moment of silence for the fact that I stayed up to watch the clock strike 1{am}? Lets just say this was the first time in a LONG time I've stayed up that late which obviously means there were naps (yes, napS) involved on Sunday afternoon. {NapS on Sunday afternoon, however, are nothing new around here...}

*Moving right along...I actually baked something and, for the first time in Stephanie Howard history... I didn't royally eff it up. (Ok maybe Beau helped.) But I even got all crafty with gel icing and made my cake balls look like mini ghosts withOUT the help of Pinterest and for the first time, I thought of it all on my own...BOOyah. {Cheesy pun intended.}

Moving right along...

*I, for the first time, wore a tutu and loved every second of it. A hot pink one to be exact. {Le duh!} You couldn't have paid me $200 to wear that shaz back in 1990 with a pair of pastel pink ballet slippers however, times have-a-changed, folks and I foresee many-a-tutus in my near future. ;) 
{I was a troll doll for all of you non-nineties children}

*My husband...the clever one he is...was a Red Solo Cup. Original...I know. This is where I note that this was the first time my costume kicked his costume's tush.

*I should also note that thanks to Kristen's incredible ability to make my hair stand up as straight as a board and feel nothing less than that of a helmet, for the first time, I washed my hair 5 times within the matter of 12 hours. Typically I don't even wash my hair five times in the same week...


*Finally, this weekend was the very first time my sister-in-law's brand new photo booth was put to use and it did not disappoint. Y'all...her and her husband made this at home, all on their own, in hopes to start their own biz and let me just say it is too legit. Too legit to quit, actually.

Forealz, y'all. How cool would it be to have one of these in your house?


And just in case you were dying to know how I prefer to pose in a photo booth...

And that, my friends, concludes my "Halloween of firsts". Hope yours was equally full of cake balls,  tutus and so much more! ;)

36 comments:

  1. you look ADORABLE!! such a cute costume!!! and the photo booth? amazing!! looks like a great time lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your costume hahaha! I am amazed that your hair stayed like that! I can only imagine all the shampooing lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair... I can't even handle that it stayed up like that all night. Also, Beau's photo booth by himself is probably my favorite part of this post. Is that weird?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an AWESOME idea Steph!!! And you look amazing btdubs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I am obsessed with Beau's costume! AMAZING! And your cupcakes are adorable...love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfit is adorable and so clever!!!!
    Very proud of the ghost treats too - well done girl
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your outfit is da bomb diggityyyy! Seriously though, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your costume, too cute! That is so cool they made their own photobooth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your troll costume :) We have a potluck at work on Wednesday, and I wanna borrow (aka. steal) your cakeball idea - SO cute

    ReplyDelete
  10. i loved your costume..i knew immediately what you were! good one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG you are adorable!! The bow was the PERFECT touch!! LOVE you!

    And Im so glad that hair went together so well! It took me 3 times that long when I did it!

    PS Im so glad you wore this after me. I would NEVER dare to wear it again! You are so skinny minnie and look perfect. I was a chubby troll doll compared to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cake balls look awesome... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You completely nailed the troll doll look! It turned out so cute. I can only imagine how hard it was to get all of that product out of your hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh em gee girlie I love that troll costume. It is so darn cute. I wish I had of thought of something that cute :) & the mr as red solo cup is just right out hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your outfit & that is so awesome that they have their own photo booth!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just seriously LOLed at your troll costume. I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your Halloween costume!!! and those photo booths are so FUN! And looking back at all the pictures the next is always a guaranteed laugh

    ReplyDelete
  18. These were one of the funniest Halloween costumes I have seen...both you and Beau! The photo booths get me every time...I spend the majority of my time there when the opportunity comes my way! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE your costume..like I cannot get enough of it. I saw it on Instagram and was like..welp, it's official, she is the cutest person EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very clever costume, sweet thang! Love it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the costume!! Looks like you had an awesome weekend! And I love that photobooth that is pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
  22. YAY for troll dolls! :) Ya'll look cute! Beau cracks me up!!!! How in the world did ya get your hair to stay up??

    ReplyDelete
  23. love those photo booth pictures!!!! You had a fabulous costume too! And just think, next Halloween, will be the FIRST in your new house!!! Booo-yah!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am IN LOVE with you costume! So freaking cute! I can only imagine what it took to get your hair standing straight up like that.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving your costumes! Looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You made an adorable troll doll! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for coming to our party!! Loved your costume, I would have done a lime green troll, but that's just me :). Cake balls were awesome... I'm enjoying one right now... Yum yum. See ya later sista!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I LOVE your costume!! I cannot believe that is your real hair standing up like that...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  29. omg. you are the cutest lil troll in the world

    and those little boo cake balls are so cute i love the one with its mouth open like its scared hahah

    after wearing a tutu for my costume as well, i feel the same...never want to take it off hahahah! YOU ARE SO CUTE with that hair!!!

    did you leave it in for a crazy after hours fantasy night with beau...nevermind ;-) hehehe

    ok beau with that sledge hammer and those faces. I DIE

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Loved your costume!! You are the cutest thing every!!! Love halloween parties and getting to dress up as an adult!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. those poor people who don't know what trolls are are seriously missing out!! totally love your outfit original and different i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. what a fun costume! and i'm with you, now that i'm old i don't care about the holiday either if i don't get the next day off work.

    ReplyDelete
  33. oh my gosh that is seriously the best costume ever!!! i used to love trolls :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. ok, where did you find that nude leotard!?!!? p.s. i found this post from today's post.. it was one of those "you may like" ones. haha

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...