October 19, 2012

To Whom It May Concern:

Dear State Fair of Texas: You and me have our very first date this weekend and I am STOKED!! I need to see what all this talk is about! Ferris wheels, cowboy boots, and food that is really really bad for me...can NOT WAIT! (PS-why is your name so awkward? Why couldn't they just stick with "Texas State Fair"??)

Dear Husband: Sawwy I passed on my sickness to you. Juuuuuust when I'm starting to feel better, you wake up with a sore throat. (Whoops?!)  If you want to go ahead and award me with "Worst Wife of the Year" I will accept. But only this one time...

Dear House: You have a roof. And a little hole that will one day very soon be a fireplace. There's a back patio and even a front porch. I can see our little window seats starting to form and there's even a spot set up for the kitchen island. You really are becoming a home and it's just so neat to see how far you've come in just 4 short weeks! Soon enough, the Howards will be taking up residence but in the meantime, you just keep on growin', k?!
{I spy a fireplace!}

Dear Self: You just talked about your house like an expecting mother would talk about her fetus. That's weird. You're weird.

And I saved the best letter for last...

Dear Pinterest Addictees Alike: Do you, too, have boards that are ever-growing with things you want to do or make yet you've never actually made a single thing on there?

Ya...me too.
(Ok. Maybe I've made a couple of things.)

Welp, whilst spending many-a-Facetimes over vino, late nights of brainstorming and still, ever-growing Pinterest boards...the one, the only, Katie from Keep Calm & Carry On and I have an announcement to make...


BAM.

Yep. Saw it. Pinned it. Did it. 
(AKA: a new link up we'll be hosting every Thursday starting next week.) 

Yes-this is our very first link up to host EVER. (I know...where have we been!?)

We were nice enough to think ahead and give you all plenty of time to get your supplies together so I expect that to be at the top of your to-do list this weekend. Be sure to link up (next Thursday!), include the button we created (above), as well as the original pin from where you got your inspiration from and show us what you come up with! Whether it's a recipe you've been wanting to try, a craft of some sort, a new hairstyle, a fashion idea, etc...it's time we get to tackling those Pinterest boards! Yes?!

Oh ....and Katie and I decided if all of you don't participate, we're unfollowing all of your blogs effective immediately. See you on Thursday!! ;)

29 comments:

  1. State Fairs are the BEST, well at least Minnie's is and let's be real that's the only one I've been to. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea for a link up! Maybe I will actually be inspired to do something from my DIY board this week haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. went to the NC state fair last weekend! it was amaze :) but I'm still recovering from my food coma...

    and I have never linked up before..but since you and katie are two of my favorite little bloggers ;) I may just have to do this one! Have a great weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this link-up! I've been slacking on my Pinterest Crafts - you're little threat was enough of a kick in the booty! I'm going to scour which one of my crafts/recipes I can royally screw up next week

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to link up - but I don't have a crafty bone in my body. Cute idea though - maybe I'll whip something up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll send my next Hobby Lobby bill to that fancy new house of yours. Cool? Cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG best link up ever.. mostly because I never have anything to blog about, but have done a bajillion pinterest projects. Therefore, I should have no excuse for not having a Thursday post for the next like, 5 months. yes. gold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just passed my sicklyness onto my Husby as well... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA PS I am totally linking up because I have several and when I say several I really mean thousands of pins that I have not done yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for the Pinterest link-up! Please tell me you have read the blog www.pintester.com ?! She's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay for fireplaces and link ups! seriously i love pinterest..it gives me the motivation to do stuff and now i have a link up for double motivation..what what! this is gonna be fun. good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a GREAT idea for a link-up! I have a whole board on pinterest dedicated to recipes I've tried with my comments-if I'd make it again, how I changed up the recipe, etc. This is just an idea for all those other things! I will definitely be linking up, because I did just try something that didn't turn out as awesome as I thought it would :( BOO. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great link up! I plan on tackling some pins so this will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many exciting things going on around here! Congrats on the progress of the house! I'm very excited about this Pinterest Project link-up!!! ALSO, I will be at the State Fair tomorrow!!! It will be my second time but, the first time was a flop b/c I had no idea where to go/what to do... we were lost at the fair! LOL! Would be too funny if we saw each other! Have a great weekend & safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so cool to see your house changing daily (via Instagram, especially). Only a few more months!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Minnesota State Fair is one of my favorite places ever, so I'm guessing you'll have a good time! :)

    I've loved watching your house be built. SUCH a cool process!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not sure if you heard...but Big Tex caught on fire :/ and your first time there...what a shame! To be honest, he isn't alllll that like they make it sound!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please for the love of pete get the fried mac and cheese sliders. We were there a few weekends ago and they were my favorite fried thing I had, and we had a lot of fried things...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Was at the TX State Fair 2 weekends ago. Suggestions: skip the fried cactus (slimy, gross and bland) but definitely try the fried cinnamon roll (glazed and rolled in bacon - yum). A lot of people are raving about the fried pork wing but I was too full to try it. Have fun!

    I keep saying I'm going to make a pumpkin recipe from Pinterest this weekend. Now I have motivation to actually do it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. State fair is a blast but sorry to give you some bad news there was a fire today and big tex burned :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. That fireplace looks awesome!! Oh & I kinda talk to my house too sometimes, so you're not alone. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. I already told Katie, but I will tell you too: I'm not really a huge link up person but I am totally doing this one! it will be my inspiration to get things done!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is perfect since we have no decor in our house and I need to get my ass in gear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the Pinterest link party idea! I too so often pin stuff and never do them. But now, after my sister's recommendation, I make a "To Do: October Edition" pin board and it makes me actually DO them!

    ReplyDelete
  24. love your link-up idea--- I have never made anything I have pinned on pinterest! I am so bad! Maybe I will have to do something finally so I can join up!!!

    -ashley

    ReplyDelete
  25. i'm so so excited for your home!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your house is looking great! And good idea on the linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  27. just saw your all's new linkup. what an awesome idea!!!

    can't wait to read how the fair was!!! we don't have one in atlanta :( it wont fit between the sky scrapers! haha

    and yay roof! so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hope your hubby feels better soon - I've definitely passed on my germs to my boyfriend a time or two. ;)

    Also, I know what you mean about Pinterest! I am so guilty of pinning but never doing! Must change!

    ReplyDelete
  29. WISH WISH WISH I could join in this awesome Pinterest link up each week but there is almost zero way I will get anything done each week... My first goal is to start trying and hopefully link up soon!! x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...