October 31, 2012

Fifty Shades of Excitement

Hey there sweet thangs! Happy Halloween! (I'd be lying if I said I didn't totally forget today was Halloween...anyone else?! I suppose all the hype starts to fade away when you're old to trick-or-treat.)
 
Is it just me or does anyone else feel really weird about the fact that NOVEMBER is, like, tomorrow? As in, less than 24 hours? While sometimes I'm anxiously awating something and DY-ING for time to speed up, other times I'm thinking the calendar should go ahead and pad the breaks a little. This whole thing they call life...it can be real cray cray, can't it?!

In other news...

We legit "ran into" our builder on Friday afternoon whilst traipsing the new neighborhood. While he may think we're borderline stalking him, I beg to differ. We like to refer to it as a "close relationship". (AKA we offer him booze, I bat my eyelashes and he offers to throw in free electrical outlets, blinds and other "necessities".)

Anywho-the big news is that he told us our house is less than FIFTY days from being done (which would explain my "fifty shades of excitement")! He [the builder] even mentioned something about it being completely done in NOVEMBER! As in the month that starts tomorrow! Say whaaa??!! I wasn't anticipating being in the house until mid-January so you can only image the thoughts that started racing through my mind...

First and foremost...I told him he was full of it which is when he quickly put me in my place and told me the absolute latest we'd be in the house is December 15. Fair enough. I'll take his word for it.

Second...but a close first...CHRISTMAS! In the new house!! (Dontchu worry...I already carved out the most perfect spot for that Christmas tree & the mantle....ohhhh the mantle. I can already see the stockings, and burlap and candles that will grace that mantle...)

And third, I quickly realized that A) we are about to fork up the MOST amount of money ever in Howard history which gives me an instant panic attack and B) we still need to find/buy an entire bedroom suit for our bedroom, a handful of ceiling fans, living room furniture and a dining room table. Which, also, gives me an instant panic attack. Remember that money tree we talked about a while ago? Anybody know where I can find it? ;)

Needless to say, she's coming right along! (I've decided it's a "she" since, well, Beau will only technically own the garage and the back patio. #kidding. not.)
We now have our driveway poured, part of the sidewalk, and a few windows installed! All of the electrical, plumbing and ventilation has been installed and it will be completely sheetrocked next week! WALLS PEOPLE! ;) Oh-and can we talk about that cute lil' mailbox we gots goin' on?! Who's gonna be the first to send me mail in my new box?!

Wet concrete...would you expect anything less?
 


 
This whole homebuilding experience...it really is so fun and so exciting, don't get me wrong, but there are a LOT of big "adult" decisions to be made and a lot of stressful conversations to be had. Beau is such a gem...I really hit the husband jackpot with that guy. He is so non-argumental and go with the flow, which makes my job as a wife that much easier. God love him.
 
{leftover nail & copper wiring I found lying around}
 
While sometimes I find myself getting so caught up in what color sofa we should go with, where the TV should go or when I'll finally get to order this bed from Pottery Barn, I have to constantly remind myself of what a home is really all about...a strong foundation, lots of love and being there for each other throughout the entire process.
 

I'd be lying if I said it's not what I'm thinking about all day, every day...other than, you know, my job, blogging, Duck Dynasty, working out and what's for dinner.
 
***
Speaking of dinner...tonight I'll be working on my next Saw it. Did it. Pinned it. project so don't forget to finish yours and snap some pics for the link up tomorrow! Who's joining Katie & I?

...you know you want to...

41 comments:

  1. That is so exciting about your house!! I still can't believe how fast they've built it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That went so quickly! How exciting you'll be in before christmas! Let the decorating begin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting!! The house looks great! It will go fast, I promise! We only have 17 days left until our is done :) woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't get over the cuteness of you two and your house. Pretty much the sweetest thing ever. I can't wait to see how it all comes together! How exciting for you to be spending Christmas in it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOO EXCITING! Christmas in your BRAND SPANKIN' NEW HOME! I'm pumped for you lady! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe how quickly your house is going up! I am so excited to see it all done!!! YAY for Christmas in the new house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so stinkin' excitin' girl!!

    i'm playing tomorrow--linkin' up!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting! its been fun to watch this come together with you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so exciting!! <3 I can't wait to see your future home all done up for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. So exciting about the house!!! I bet you can't wait. We are currently waiting on our official close date (short sales are apparently not short) and I SO want to be in by Christmas too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. first, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

    second OH MY GODDDDDD less than 50????? holy crapola this is SO SOON my love!!!

    and no you are not a stalker!! wanna hear stalker? well this weekend we were all talking about you and beau and your house and how awesome it is coming along and kurt's all

    Kurt: Yeah that house is awesome and went up so fast!!

    Me: Say what?? how do you know that!

    Kurt: I see it on instagram. Isnt that Howard Mrs? ((him trying to get your insta name right))

    ME: Creeeeeeeep

    hahah so kurt's also monitoring progress

    but omylanta..im so excited for you both!! and love the hand prints :) you guys are going to have teh best time and i NEED your new address!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. ^^^^^^ TRUE STORY ^^^^^ We were all laughing so hard. Kurt WHAAA!? HAHA! Happy Halloweenie lover! I am so excited for y'all!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to come visit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Y'all need to visit the Pottery Barn outlet and Restoration Hardware outlet in San Marcos. Telling you...fabulous deals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yesss! It is coming along so fast!! I love all of the little touches you and Beau are adding around the house, such fun memories!! And YAY furniture shopping, so so so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. yea.. panic attack city over here lately. we might actually buy our furniture this weekend. fingers crossed!!! and I really can not believe how fast they have gone up. a builder to be early??? man who are these people? they must have special powers :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So exciting!!! :) I feel like they're building it SO QUICKLY! I can't wait to see your first Christmas in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you carved into the wet concrete! I totally plan on doing that when we build:) So exciting you get to have Christmas there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Check Craigslist for furniture! I have found some AMAZING pieces for way less than you can find at any store. And really great quality stuff, too.

    tristancollins.us

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wouldn't argue with a builder if he says he will be finishing early!! And to be in before Christmas?! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. in love with it.
    cannot wait to see the final project, yay
    and it is a "she"
    come 'on lets be real.. beau does really get just the garage... and maybe a "play room"

    ReplyDelete
  21. SOO happy for y'all ! The house looks amazing! And I love that y'all did hand prints in the concrete. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  22. YAY!!! So exciting. I remember being so exited watching my house get built when I was 10 so I can imagine how much more exciting it is for you guys! Your own place!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have become quite the photographer, little miss! Love the stair pic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! SO exciting!! Love what you did with yalls hand prints! SO sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am so stinking happy for ya'll! Love the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. love the house! new follower here! :)

    www.RaisingSteppeSisters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG Christmas in the new house?!?!?! So exciting!!! Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to watch you decorate and transform your new house into a home!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am in loveee with that step picture! And your handprints in the driveway... I die. <3 Your kids will see that! :) I still can't believe the house is going up so fast! (I feel a first Christmas in the new home Pinterest ornament coming)

    ReplyDelete
  29. That's so exciting your house might be done so soon!! I LOVE that pic on the stairs, so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ahh so exciting!! Your new house is awesome looking :) First things first tho - what color nail polish are you wearing?! It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  31. i'm so excited and slightly jealous of your new home! it's coming along so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So stinkin' exciting! We're about to move into our house in a few weeks, and I can't wait! Just in time for Christmas:-) Have fun decorating! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  33. yay! I know you are SO excited! I'm loving all your pictures along the way....especially the really sentimental ones like that of the stairs. stuff like that is so special! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. It sure is coming along!!! We just bricked ours and sheet rocked! It was like a REAL HOUSE! Crazy!!! Ours won't be finished until December...so I'm super jealous but OH SO EXCITED for you!!!

    Keep updating on the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your photos and truly enjoyed reading your thoughts on this whole process. I'm hoping that one day Allen and I can go down this same path and buy/or build a home.
    I'm excited for you and Beau and your new life you're going to enjoy in your beautiful home and I really look forward to photos of how you decorate.
    Happy almost November!

    ReplyDelete
  36. It is amazing how fast they are getting your house done! That will be so exciting to spend Christmas in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the progress and I am so stinking excited that yall will be in before Christmas!! Woohoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. How exciting! My parent's just built a house last year and were in it 3 months earlier than anticipated. I think it just all depends on your builder and how "good" they are! Christmas in the new home is going to be awesome though! I love that you put your hand prints in the wet concrete. We let our kids do that this past summer when we had concrete poured for the Hubby's garage!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I tell ya watching the house be built is so much fun! Our contractor totally thought we were crazy too! Don't forget about surround sound lines!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...