October 16, 2012

Life.

Life is beautiful.
Life is precious.
Life is sweet. So so sweet.

Yet life is short.
Life can sometimes be cruel.
And at other times, it can be unexplainable.

Yesterday I received news about my sweet friend, Jennifer's, sister who was tragically killed in a car accident and my heart literally sank into my stomach. I wanted to turn my car around, run home, put my arms around my husband and just stay there in his safety in hopes that nothing like this would ever happen to either one of us. I wanted to curl up in a ball and stay there for the rest of my life. Just Beau and I.

We just don't realize how blessed we are each and every day until we receive little reminders like this. Reminders that show us how perfect each sunrise is, whether it's pouring down rain or not a cloud in the sky. Reminders that every breath we take is a gift from God. Reminders of how important it is to tell your loved ones just how much you care about them every chance you get.

Forget about work, exercise, money, bills, shopping, weddings, building a house, traveling, etc.

What's important is today. 
This very moment. 
Right now.

Once this moment is gone, it's gone.
 We won't ever get it back. 

My heart hurts knowing someone so innocent, so beautiful, so passionate and full of life was taken from this earth in such an instant. My heart cries for my dear friend, Jennifer, who lost her sister, her best friend in this entire world. My heart breaks knowing what her mom might be going through having to bury her own child.

I'd like to say "I can't even imagine" but I can. I have. And you know what? It sucks.

Ya. 
Sometimes life just sucks.

But then we wake up to yet another beautiful sunrise, with our perfect little angels looking down at us and realize...life doesn't suck all the time. Just sometimes. Life really is beautiful, and precious and so so sweet.

So don't ever forget that.

Go out and live today as if it were your last. Give your significant other an extra tight bear hug and a kiss bigger thank Texas. Call your momma and your daddy on your way to work and let them know how much you love 'em. Send an extra special text message to your sibling just to let them know you're thinking about them. And don't forget to thank Him for blessing you with yet another beautiful sunrise, another breath of fresh air and loved ones to lean on when times are tough...

...because at the end of the day, these are the things that matter the most.

22 comments:

  1. This brings tears to my eyes. I am so sorry for your friend Jennifer's loss and please know I am sending up major prayers for everyone involved right now! You are so right though, we never know when one day will be our last, or even a loved one's last. We just have to keep living our lives to the fullest, loving more than we could imagine, and praising God for one more day here on Earth. He has big plans for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this. Life is too short and it's harsh and hard and sometimes, you are right, it just sucks. Many hugs and prayers for your friend, sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice post, so sorry to hear about your friend's lost. It is sad sometimes that it takes such a trajedy to help remind us of the bigger picture of life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed. How often we forget... Praying for your friend and her family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen sister!
    So sorry for your loss :( praying**
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry about your friends sister, my heart hurts for her family and friends. This will help me remember to hug my husband tight tonight

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a great post and so true. i try to focus on being in the here and now every day, but it's so easy to get caught up in the little unimportant things that happen.

    praying for your friend and her loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this makes my heart hurt. Death and loss is such a tragic thing - especially when they were taken at such a young age. Praying for strength and comfort during this difficult time.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! God rest her beautiful soul.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh girl, you have me in tears! I'm literally trying to blink them away as I type. I'm so sorry for your friend. What an awful tragedy. And I hate what you've gone through with your dad. So not fair! My husband lost his sister, which means I'm now part of a family who's had to bury their daughter/sibling. The hurt never goes away. I pray for your friend and her family to heal at their own pace and to not give up on God. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  11. thinking of you all and your friend and her family during this hard time :-(

    You are so right that in the end, its important to live like its your last, and do those little extra things like call mom/dad, hug a little tighter. SO true Steph and I really just need to do all of that right now

    love you girl <3 <3 <3
    xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's sister. Thoughts and prayers going out to their family *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a such a wonderful, precious post! Praying for the family!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm praying for your friend and her family. And this was such a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My heart fills with sadness as I read this and relate all too well! I lost my brother to a car accident too. Just 4 years ago in November. It still feels like it was yesterday. I can only hope that the family find peace. It's hard but it will come if they let it. A loss is hard and it does suck. Love hard and hug tight to all the ones you love.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I needed this today - THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so sorry to hear this. Beautiful post and a great reminder of what is truly important in life.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My heart and prayers go out to your friend. What a tragedy, but I hope that they remember that every day is a gift, and that they now have a beautiful angel watching over them. I just lost my grandma last week, so this is all too familiar to me now. Hugs from Ohio! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sad about your friend :( My heart goes out to that family. I think a lot of times we get too caught up in silly things that really don't matter, this post is beautiful, and a great reminder of what is important!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just terrible. I'm so sorry for your friend and her family and their loss.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a great post Steph, so true. I am so sorry for your friend and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I started tearing up reading this. It's so sad how fast your life can be taken. This is a great reminder to live your life to the fullest with no regrets! Prayers for your friend!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...