June 19, 2012

And I thought NO ONE could surprise me...

Let me just walk you through what happened to me last night...

I get a text from Katie asking what I thought about posting at night. Whereas it's never worked out well for me, she said she was going to test it out and see if anyone would actually be reading blogs on a Sunday night. Father's day, to be exact. She then continued with...


So 10ish minutes go by, and like the good friend I try to be, I attempt to be her ONE reader.
The title reads something like "Grow/Change/SURPRISE". I roll my eyes and think "Oh Lord. Another insightful post from Katie...is she drunk again?" (Slightly kidding...)

I'm impatient so I completely scroll through all this sentimental "change" crap thinking I need to get to the meat of this post already...

And then...

I read this...

*Steph (SJHK)-SURPRISE WOMAN! In just over 2 weeks, Billy and I will be arriving in your neck of the woods (literally-hello Frio river!) bright and early at 10am on July 3rd and staying for 6 lovely days, until Monday the 9th. Please have my Range Rover, our norm Iced coff, with a side of sangria, to pick us up from the airport. And yes, Beau and I planned/texted about this behind your back for a couple weeks...don't hate me.


Followed by this image:
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR IS EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT, TOO.


She said "Y'ALL"!!!!


Okay so maybe that was 50% of the shock. The other 50% was obviously that she has been planning this for WEEKS now and EVERYONE and their chihuahua has known about it except moi! WEEEEEKS!!


It took a few loud screeches and about 20 minutes of "OH MY GOD" before it really started to sink in. And then I realized this is in 2.5 short weeks and instantly started regretting that pizza I had just shoved in my pie hole. Shit.


Not only will they be coming to MY hometown but they're coming with us to our favorite place in the whole wide world...the Frio River!!!! FOR 6 FLIPPING DAYS!!! They'll meet all our friends, our family, go to our favorite bars and even get to see where we live/where we'll be moving in a few months. Excited is a complete understatement.


She ended her post with this: "It has been killing me the past couple weeks to not be able to tell you, but we thought it would be fun to surprise you via blog post so, here we are. I know Father's Day is a hard day for you, but I hope this cheers you up a bit. I figured you would kill me if I didn't tell you at all, because you would probably want notice to shop and detox first. Am I right or am I right?"


A surprise, on Father's Day (one of the toughest days of the year for me) and even a fair warning to shop and detox prior to her arrival. That, my friends, is what you call a gem. 

18 comments:

  1. When I read that she was coming to Texas last night, I got SO excited!!! I really hope I can have the honor of meeting up with you two, even if it's just for a minute! I know you'll be super busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD SECRETS ARE FOR ME????

    I was DYING over here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun surprise! And what a sweet friend! I'm super jealous that you get to hang out with each other again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! So cute! Have fun girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D AHHH!!!!!!!!! i was dying inside when i found this out but SO EXCITED for it to finally be revealed to you!!!

    katie and billy and and beau are so awesome to be doing this as a surprise for you!!! gives me CHILLS and makes me tear up with how exciting this will be!!

    cannot wait for pics and vids and everything!! :D love you ALL!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I'm so jelly! You know how bad I want a trip to the Frio River with you two!

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) :D I did it! Seriously would've blown it if I had to keep my mouth shut for another 24 hours. Can't believe we get to be with you guys again in just over 2 weeks. Our men are saints for putting up with us (we've said this 50 times, no?) LOVE YOU! Glad you liked your surprise :)


    Now pray to humidity gods that MAYBE just maybe it'll be at 91% vs 99.9%. Help a sister out. I'm MELTINGGGGGGG already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with blogging. Seriously! how awesome is this?! eeek heart sings over here


    CarissaExplainsItAll

    ReplyDelete
  9. PUMPEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD is an understatement. I can't wait and feel blessed to know you love bug. I can't wait to meet Katie and Kristen! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! It's going to be so much fun! I can't even stand it! EEEEEEEEK! ;) <---Sadly, you know how shartastic my eeeeks are bahaha. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome!!!! you will have a blast!! so exicting .. now I want to go on this trip lol !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You all are so cute -- Have a blast... Lord knows you will!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to meet them! Make sure to fit us in while they are in town. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. (Lurker/1st time commenter here)

    Aww how fun!!! So jealous! July 3rd is my birthday and we were planning on going to the Frio river all weekend but the other two couples bailed on us so we're rain-checkin it until August. Boo!

    Have fun though!! Can't wait to see the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is the sweetest surprise ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Y'all are too CA-UTE! Have a wonderful time♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. ah! The Frio is awesome! I live right in that area, and it is truly God's Country! :) Hope you guys have a blast! Cory Morrow plays at House Pasture Saturday night! He is always a fun concert and a great Texas Country legend! Katie and Billy would get a real feel of Texas! :) Ya'll have a blast! We may be going to frio that weekend and might just run into yall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. that is so awesome! What great friends!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...