July 3, 2012

For my sister...

Some of you may or may not know that I have a sister. 
We're 11 months apart...weird...I know.
She's a blue eyed brunette who somehow ended up in the state of Ohio.

Yes-I'm talking about this girl...again:

We may not be sisters by blood but if there was ever a person who was identical to me in 9,999 ways, it's her. Someone who can literally finish my sentences and complete my thoughts. Yes...it's as weird as it sounds.

Her and her husby's fam could really use some love and support this mornin'...

I'm supposed to be picking her and her husband, Billy, up from the airport this morning for a fun-filled 4th of July weekend at the river. A weekend that I've looked forward to since the last time I saw them. A trip to the South that was LONG overdue for them. A SURPRISE she had been planning for me for weeks on end...but, well, I'm sad to say I am not.

And my heart just hurts knowing that I won't be showing up at baggage claim with a mustache on as we await for their arrival.

 It's completely out of any of our control...

Billy's grandpa isn't doing so well so before you read another word, please say a little prayer for him and his family. Their flights were booked. Their bags were packed. But they just aren't sure how much longer Grandpa Krysh is going to be with them so as any level-headed person would do, they decided to stay home and spend quality time with the fam and I could not agree more. I mean, there's no way in Jimminy Cricket that two goons from Texas are more important than their family right now and I respect that.

Katie Lou-I know you're sad...and maybe a little pissed that you aren't getting to experience Texas humidity & frizzy hair, but darn it I know you have those airline vouchers and you WILL get your Midwestern butt here as soon as you can. Your Corona Light's will remain in the fridge until you get to Texas but in the meantime, just know that I completely, 100% respect your decision to stay in the O-H. Kristen, Shalyn, the rest of the gang and I promise to have the most miserable time ever without y'all. ;) Love ya doll. Thinking and praying for you and Billy during this difficult time. xoxo
***
As for the rest of you ladies (and gentlemen?) , I hope you have a happy and safe 4th of July! We're off to the Frio River to soak up some sun, partake in a few too many adult bevvies and be downright American. Eff ya!

17 comments:

  1. Oh no! :( Keeping Katie and Billy and their family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. katie just texted me to tell me ... so sorry that you wont be with her this week :( I am sure when you do get to see eachother next, it will be just as much fun if not better. have a great 4th, lady!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( Sending lots of thoughts and prayers to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me so sad. I am going through a similar situation with my grandma. Prayers for them and his grandpa. I hope you have a blast on the river!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending lots of prayers their way!!! This post was so sweet. I admire the friendship you and Katie have regardless of the distance. It truly warms my heart to see how close the two of you (and your husbands) have gotten. I know you will all have a blast when they are able to make it down your way.

    Wishing you a wonderful Fourth and continuing to pray and think about sweet Katie and her family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sending good thoughts and wishes!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, what a bummer! They definitely made the right choice, and you're such a good friend for being so supportive. Sending love to the Krysh's. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Stephanie you are such a sweet friend! I'm praying for Grandpa Krysh right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your polka dotted top! beautiful colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This makes me so sad :( I'm so sorry to hear about Billy's grandpa. I know everyone was so bummed about the trip. I can't wait to hear about y'alls new plans coming up :) Have a fun 4th chica!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sad for Katie, Billy, and the family! I pray for all of them!

    I can't wait to see what happens when the Krysh's do get to come to the big state of Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prayers for you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww that's the pits! hope gpa krysh is doing better and they make some long lasting memories this weekend! your next reunion will have to just be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh no, as much as I know this is a HUGE disappoint for all four of y'all, I think it's great they stayed back. Last moments can never be recovered - I prayed & will continue to pray for Grandpa KRYSH.

    Dear Katie & Billy, may god be with Grandpa & your family. Enjoy this time but from one who as lost all grandparents, you can't get these last moments back. God bless you.


    .... &&& as for this trip, I will continue to be excited for ALL of you because I know it will be taken place && it will kick ass! Maybe they can surprise you again? Ya think????.... Hmmmmm!

    Hope your weekend is wonderful Stephanie! Happy 4th {belated} & happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are the best friend in the whole wide world<3 Seriously, thank you Steph for this. You are my sister and you're amazing for understanding. This post means the world to us. I know you all are having an amazing time right now so soak it up! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks! I love you

    ReplyDelete
  16. awww steph honestly how sweet are you for this! what an amazing friend and I know y'all will get to enjoy TX together soon!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. still reading this. I mean, who is that hot brunette up there? She doesn't look a day over 21. You must love her a lot. By the way, this is the best post you've ever written.

    Sincerely,
    Anonymous

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...