July 16, 2012

If you really knew {him}...

Good morning friends! Happy Monday! (Or maybe not?) ;) Either way...let's attempt to make it good one, shall we?!

My post from Friday (titled "If you really knew me...") got so many fun comments and emails I thought I'd stir up the pot a 'lil bit. I seriously loved reading each and every one of them!

So today...you're in for a real treat because, wellllll....we're gonna let THIS GUY steal the show!
I just want to eat him UP in this pic... ;)

That's right, girls (& boy?) Beau is here to share with you a few things that "If you really knew him", you would know. (Isn't he such a good sport?!) So crack open a cold one (or in my case, if you're stuck behind a desk, pretend your coffee is spiked with vodka) , sit back and enjoy my husband's VERY FIRST guest blog post. (This, by the way, has been 2+ years in the making so if he doesn't get a handful of loving comments I will lay money on it that he won't be making another appearance....ok...he told me to write that...)

Without further adieu...
(He's in black, I'm in gray.)
***
If you really knew HIM...

*You would know that I still wear clothes from high school. {True story, ladies. Polos, jeans, cargo shorts..you name it. They all date back to about 2002.}

*You know know that I own one pair of flip flops, one pair of tennis shoes and six {YES. SIX!} pair of cowboy boots. Priorities, people.

*You would know that my favorite shows are Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Storage Wars and, of course, Shark Week. {Don't kid yourself, babe. You know you love some Bachelor Pad action every once in a while...}

*You would know that I hate wearing sunglasses and I won't go anywhere without a baseball cap. {FACT. One time his mother had to hide all of his hats from him just so he would be forced to go a day without wearing one.}

*You would know that my laugh is really goofy and typically makes other people laugh when they hear it. {One of his best qualities. I just adore it!}

*You would know that I played college baseball. {A boy in uniform. That's what I'm talkin' about! Rawr.}

*You would know that, thanks to 3 knee surgeries, I only have one ACL but three Achilles' tendons. You do the math... {Word. I got this whole "nurse thang" DOWN.}

*You would know that I can't stand making the bed. Do you tie your shoes after you take them off? That's what I thought. {Man after my own heart. I refuse to make the bed. Ever.}

*You would know that I can still do a back handspring to this day. {Mah man has skillz, people!}

*You would know that I don't have ANY social media accounts. No Facebook. No Twitter. No Instagram. No Pinterest. Not a one.

*You would know that I won "best smile" and "class clown" in high school. {Now do you see why I married him?!}

*You would know that I'm allergic to just about everything...including all jewelry except Titanium, which is the cheapest metal you can buy and would also explain why my wedding band only cost $7. {Okay. It was $12 with shipping on Black Friday and he refused to let me upgrade him to the $30 ring. A girl can only do so much...}

*You would know that I got 3 tickets for Minor in Possession and one ticket for Minor in Consumption all between the ages of 18 and 21. {Y'all didn't know I married a criminal?}

*You would know that I was once the president of my fraternity. Well...the last president, to be exact, before we got kicked off campus for hazing. {Rule breaker, I tell ya.}
I mean, really. How could you not love that face?! <3


48 comments:

  1. I love that your hubby did a guest post! So much fun to find out more about him...also, my husband is the same way, I had him write a guest post for me a couple months ago and ever since he's like "So when do I get to do another blog post?" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am I the first comment?!?! F YES!!!

    I told myself I'd get up right away and comment on my tubby's first guest post. I knew most of this, minus the criminal part. I'm just thankful the yellow shorts made an appearance bc it wouldn't be the same without them!

    GOOD JOB BBFT! Loves your silly laugh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha- I love it! Can't believe it's been 2+ years and he's just now guest posting, about time!!!! :)

    I feel for him on the allergies, I'm allergic to everything in the outdoors and every animal that has any type of fur/hair. Luckily- no jewelry allergies for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm loving that your hubs did a guest post, hehe.

    and those are my husband's favorites shows too!

    and i kinda want to hear his laugh now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this! I can't get Aaron to even THINK of writing a post - maybe I need to beg more! && he too doesn't have any social media, I made his FB page only because I wanted it to say "Married to Aaron Drew", dammit I waited to long!

    && I can totally see BEST SMILE! It's always right-on! There is NOTHING better than a guy with a sense of humor - my goodness, I don't see how or why any woman could go without.

    Good for you Beau for writing this. It's M.A.J.O.R brownie points - {Steph, you owe him}
    We LOVE us some Stephanie && we've fallen in love with you both, now we can definitely love you more.

    Come back!! Stay && write more!
    Xo, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this! You two are just so stinkin' adorable. Somehow Beau reminds me so much of Jason, Maybe it's the abundance of Cowboy Boots, the 24/7 baseball cap, or the hysterical laugh...and even the bad knees. HAHA.

    Beau - you need your own segmant on Stephanie's blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh how stinkin cute!?!? love this post!

    he didn't wear a baseball cap to your wedding right?

    I think you two are just the cutest... and loved all the fun facts. Umm so when I have an awesome boyfriend, fiance, hubby, whatever, we get invited on blogger double dates right? k good


    CarissaExplainsItAll

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Beau! How I loved that I knew you in your college days :) Great job guest posting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg beau in that pic...HOW FLIPPIN CUTE IS HE!!! :-) LOVE this!!! so happy he is guestin!

    kurt wears some of his hs stuff to. much to my dismay. whats with boys not enjoying the feel of fresh new threads!?!

    6 cowboy boots omg! love!!

    your laugh seriously is THE BOMB and i am seriously bummed we didnt have a back handspring contest haha i could have at least kept up with you on that rather than the handstand!!

    i LOVED THIS! :-) sending it to kurt right now and saying LOOK AT HOW AWESOME STEPHS HUB IS HINT HINT!

    love you both <3
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew all of this. Does that mean I know him?!?!

    I vote yall go halfsies on a baby in about 2 years!

    YA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think Beau and my husband would be great friends! My hubs also has like 6 pairs of boots, his fav. TV shows are similar, he was also pres of his fraternity, etc. :)

    Thanks for posting, Beau!

    ReplyDelete
  12. If you were his big sister, you would know...

    He once tried to do a "360" over a large trash can and fell butt first in to it (keep in mind it was filled with nasty garbage) ... Funniest moment of my life :)

    I could write some more really embarrassing stuff here, but I will bite my tongue for now. Great post, Beau! Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! I love this post. The clothes from high school crack me up....my husband does the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What is it with guys and clothes from high school. I just wish I could fit in my clothes from then.
    And I won't lie I WILL NOT date a man who doesnt own at least one pair of cowboy boots. So six...oh helllls yes!!! Nothing sexier than a man in his boots!!

    Love that you got him to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh he is hilarious and the perfect Texas man:) Y'all really are the perfect two people together!


    Thanks Beau for writing a post today!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm shocked at most of these. Wearing clothes from high school? Hate him. Despite that, it sounds like you grabbed a good (wild, crazy, cute) one! ;) Please come back to post more, Beau!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So excited that Beau finally did a guest post! Love it! Him and my boyfriend have the same favorite shows haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it! And love how you put your spin on after his confessions. he should post more often!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was too cute....sounds like your tv stays on the same channels as mine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well it's about damn time you guest posted! I think you should make more of a regular appearance :)

    And no judging here on the boots...my husband has one pair of flip flops, two pairs of tennies, and 5 pairs of boots. PRIORITIES!

    ReplyDelete
  21. $7 wedding band?!?! Wow, us girls get off easy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. No I do not tie my shoes after taking them off, therefore I do not make my bed either ;) I loved learning more about you! Stephanie- definitely see why best smile is won, your children will have amazing smiles from both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so sweet!!! My hubby isn't a social media guy either! Facebook is it for him and he hardly ever even gets on that! That's so funny about the wedding ring too! Great post!


    xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hahah this is the greatest ever! He needs to be a regular guest poster!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, how I adore this!!!!!

    Too cute that he played along with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Too funny! Him and my fiance need to hang out or something... my guy's "criminal past" is just about that!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Aww it's so cute that your hubby did a post! But what is up with men and their clothes from 2000? haha, my bf has most of his too. He is clinging to the cargo shorts for dear life! lol

    ReplyDelete
  29. aw, love this. I like the part about the $7 wedding ring. I am pretty sure that is how much I am going to spend on Rick's ring because he said hes never going to wear it anyway .. nice, huh? anyways, I hope u liked Katie and My little video to you on Saturday night!! :)) I almost crashed trying to drive and talk at the same time lol. happy monday!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. this is precious. my husband would never do this. like, ever. i'm jealous!

    and he still wears clothes from high school, too! straight from 2002. no shame!

    ReplyDelete
  31. ok so BGR, TOTALLY agree with you on the no making the bed thing. If Stephanie doesn't work out, you know where to find me....

    also, I absolutely LOVE that you don't have any social media accounts. That shit is for the girls.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Loving the hubby guest post! This was cracking me up! Especially the last two :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hahaha love it Beau Beau! I still wear my high school stuff too what what! Love you guys and I agree with Kristen...halfsies on a baby in 2 years? Make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  34. It HAS to be a guy thing, my boyfriend still wears a ton of stuff from high school! If only it were that easy for us girls... :-)
    Great post, Beau!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This was awesome!!! And stick to your guns with the whole no social media thing - it's addicting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love this...especially the MIP/MIC part. Hey, jails are almost as fun as bars.

    Thanks for posting, Beau!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Too cute!!! So with the titanium wedding band, does that mean that you could make yours blingier'.
    LOL

    www.mellielorissa@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. this is so darn cute! I may borrow it from you. Crazy about is ACL or lack thereof...my dad just got a cadaver one put in! and I think all men hate making the bed haha

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love this! so cool your hubby did this! and is it sad that those are all my favorite tv shows too..... ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  40. Haha I love that he did this post! Visiting over from Katie's blog. I totally respect anyone with more cowboy boots than other shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  41. wow that's some serious allergies, but awesome that it helped y'all save money on his ring! and i despise making the bed too, but with that gorgeous ralph lauren bedspread you just got, yall might have to make it every once in a while for pretty presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Im watching Pawn Stars as we speak...

    ReplyDelete
  43. Haha a lot of these made me laugh because him& Chris have a lot in common. The boy still wears shirts from his sophomore year of high school & he won't spend $30 on flip flops but yet he spends $500 on boots..and lots of them!

    I hateee making the bed. It might happen twice a year! My mom used to have to bribe me to make it growing up.

    Im allergic to nickel so no cheap jewelry for me!

    Beau def needs to post more often :) loved this!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. how fun! this is such a sweet post, i can't believe he did this. you two are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  45. great post.

    $7 wedding band, that's pretty freakin awesome!
    i don't watch tv but i do check out american pickers from time to time..only show i'll watch. what can i say, i gotta have some hobo jack in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  46. So fun!!! Lucky girl you are!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...