July 26, 2012

It's a shower party


There aren't too many things in this world I'm terribly picky about.

Okay. That was a lie.

I'm picky about a lot of things...the way I look, the food I eat, the workout routines I follow and the clothes I wear...to name a few, but one of the the things I'm the most picky about is the products I use, from makeup to hair products to cleaning supplies...there's good, there's bad and there's downright ugly.

 Today friends, you're in for a real treat cuz we're gonna to take a look-see into my shower. And don't get your hopes up...there are no nakey pics of this girl, or Beau for that matter, included in this post. Sorry, Charlie.

Where was I?

Oh. My shower. I have a routine. After all these years of bathing, I'd like to think I've perfected my showering skills to a tee. (And trust me...I've tried switching things up and it always ends up with a non-shaven knee or face wash in my hair. Don't EVER steer from the routine.) So anywho-I get in, I yawn a few times and wipe the sleep out of my eyes. I lather my hair with the first round of shampoo. While that sits, I shave mah pits and then rinse. I lather my hair again for the second round of shampoo (hair rule #64353: always shampoo your hair twice), I shave mah arms (yes, my arms) and rinse the hair again. You get the point...this ends with conditioner, face wash, shaving of the legs and then...the best part. The body wash. This is where "picky" comes in. I do not, let me repeat DO NOT use bar soap. There's just something about using the same bar all over your body again and again, day after day that totally creeps me out. And that slimy film that coats the outside? Sick.

I also do not skimp on the body wash I do use. 
(Trust me. I've tried the "bargain" stuff and it always ends up in the trash.)

Enter Dove Visible Care. 

BAM.
Yep. There she is...in all her glory.

I've always been a Dove girl...deodorant, shampoo, leave-in conditioner...oh! And their body spray! My-lanta that stuff smells amazing! They got the goods for a real good price which makes for a happy camper and the Dove Visible Care line does not disappoint!

From the new line, I tested out the "Renewing" body wash and it was love at first scrub. And I'm not just saying that. I have SUPER dry skin when it comes to my arms and legs so I usually have to put lotion on at least twice a day. Nope. Not with this stuff! When I get home from work and head to the gym, guess who still has nice, moisturized legs from that morning?! That's right. This girl. (I don't know why but putting on lotion is such a hassle to me so to not have to put it on twice a day is a darn miracle. Am I the only one that feels this way or am I just that lazy?!)

The other product I am dying to try is the "Toning Creme". Yes. Toning body wash...music to your ears, right?! I may only be 26 but things are about to start headin' south in a few years so I'm gonna need all the "toning" I can get! Who would have thought...body wash that keeps things where they should be?! Genius, Dove. Pure genius!

Oh-and the best part about this line...each product is under $7. And if that's not good enough for ya, you can visit Dove® VisibleCare® to get a coupon for $1 off! (Hi. I'll take 10 of each!)

So what's my point?

We all love feeling beautiful and squeaky clean yet pampered at the time time without spending an arm and a leg, do we not?! So today you have the chance to win one of two $500 Spafinder gift certificates! (Giveaway rules below).

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
COMMENTS TO THIS POST ARE NOT SWEEPSTAKES ENTRIES. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR ENTRY METHODS FOR THIS SWEEPSTAKES.

You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
a) Follow this link, and provide your email address and your response to the Promotion prompt
b) Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: "#SweepstakesEntry"; and then visit this link to provide your email address and the URL to that Tweet.
c) Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and then visit this link to provide your email address and the URL to that post.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. Winners will have 72 hours to claim the prize, or an alternative winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 7/18/2012 - 8/22/2012
Be sure to visit the Dove® VisibleCare™ Crème Body Wash brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!

Happy bathing, sweet friends! And to whomever wins THIS giveaway...
I will be FOREVER jealous! ;)

5 comments:

  1. I put lotion on twice a day too and I hate it! It feels like such a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason uses bars of soap and cannot for the life of him understand why I still buy myself body wash. Sorry honey...1. I don't want to smell like boy and 2. I don't want to rub that thing all over me when it's been up your butt, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm between your post and Kristen's post, I think I'll be buying this tonight. I love Dove soap so I'm sure this is just a perfect marriage. I have to stop at the store ANYWAY so duh :) And I think I'm lazy too because I hate putting lotion on...and I need to cause I don't want to start looking old! Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking through old pictures a couple of months ago and was absolutely horrified at how different my skin looks now, to which my mom said "that's what happens when you get older". You best believe I bought that body wash after seeing before/after close ups of skin in a magazine and I really think my skin is looking better. And putting on lotion is such a chore, who likes that?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...