July 11, 2012

Homebuying Hump Day

I've decided that since Wednesday's are officially devoted to all things "home", we might as well name it something. I like to name things...don't you?

Ok good. 
Cuz "Homebuying Hump Day" is in full force starting now. 
Right meow.

If you missed the first few posts, start here and then read here,  here and here
Or don't. Whatever makes your meat loaf...

Back to the topic at hand...

This past week we had our first of four appointments with the design center (AKA: dream land for ANYONE buying a new home.) It's essentially an office building that's built to look like a house on the inside. But not just any house...a very perfect, and extremely upgraded dream house. Kitchen cabinets here, carpet there, light fixtures galore, granite options everywhere...anything you could possibly need or want to design the inside of your house...they got it covered...and then some. Beau and I have been looking forward to this appointment for two months now so I may or may not have peed a little when we got the appointment scheduled last minute.

Since it was our very first appointment, we took care of all the "big stuff" first...countertops, cabinets, flooring, tile, etc...and let me tell you...THREE hours of this, though fun, is EX-HAUS-TING.

First and foremost, let me introduce you to quite possibly the most genius invention EVER...no really...

Yes. You read that right. HARDWOOD CERAMIC TILE. I kid you not...this "hardwood" tile is identical to hardwood floors without all the scratching, scuffing and buffing. It has all the sturdy qualities of regular tile with the hardwood floor look. Seriously-I need to meet the brainiac behind this idea. (Daltile makes it, if you're interested.) 

Ohhhh kitchens. Where do we start?! This was probably the #1 thing Beau and I were the most excited about. We ended up going with a two-tone kitchen...white island with dark kitchen cabinets. SWOON. I've loved this look forever and a day so to know this will soon be a reality makes my little heart flutter.

Countertops. Did you know there are over 30 something colors of granite? Oh-and not just that...there's at least 5 different ways to can have the edges look...ridged, bullnose, squared...etc. I'm telling you...I've learned way more than I ever wanted to know about countertops...

We went with a light St. Cecilia granite, whatever that means...and because I know you were all dying to know the specific color name...either way it will look something like this...

Our shower tile of choice was slate. However, slate, ironically enough, costs a pretty penny so our designer talked us into going with a regular shower tile and adding slate tile accents. That woman...she really is a girl after my own heart.

Oh-and after our appointment, I played with a diaper wearing, fruit snack eating monkey named Logan. 

Ya. It was a pretty successful day if you ask me. ;)

33 comments:

  1. So there was a monkey at the showroom??? How much does that upgrade cost? I totally want him in my house! HAHA

    I love the choices you're making! SO PRETTY!!! I would KILL for that kitchen! :) I think I need to move to Texas. The house game is WAY better there. HAHAHAHAH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeeeek! This is SO exciting! The house is going to be GORGEOUS! I love what you are choosing! And....can you please expand on Logan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful choices so far! You and Beau have excellent taste. Can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just got our first home and we are so excited to add our own personal touch! The hardwood ceramic tile is GENIUS, especially with our fur babies. and I have to add that I am pretty jealous that you got to play with a baby monkey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like your house is going to be gorgeous! Love all of your choices! Are y'all doing the hardwood look tile all throughout your house? We're planning on replacing our carpet with it when we get back to the States. I can't wait because I love the way it looks and how easy it is to maintain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. my friends just installed those same floors in their house and it looks awesome, genius idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your house is going to be gorgeous. I love those hardwood floors. My hubby might be getting a job in TX and if so we'll be building our home toes hardwood floors would be perfect especially since we'll soon havem3 kids. Great choices

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home is going to be GORGEOUS! I never even knew they made tile like that! Pretty awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those hardwood tiles are genius. I want dark floors BAD in our 'forever home'... we also have the light St. Cecilia!! I LOVE IT. hides crumbs and smudges wonderfully until you get around to wiping it down ;-) haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sooo very exciting!!! I love it all! & that hardwood tile... such an awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So exciting! House stuff is SO fun! Happy for you guys! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. so your house is basically going to be my dream home. i want to be jealous but i am happy for you. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ugh every wednesday I read this and my house fever goes wild! After Ruthie buying their gorg house and this - my bf has been getting emails with perty houses all day hahaha. I LOVE all of yals choices and styles... Cannot wait to see how it all looks together! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your choices are sooo great! Love the floors! I am dying to put hardwood in my bathrooms, this may be the fix!!! Were they terribly expensive, because this girls always on a budget!
    I love you blog girl <3
    Also that skirt you are wearing is great, where did you get it if you don't mind me stealing? I love maxi's!!!
    <3 E

    ReplyDelete
  15. you are making me want to buy a home SO SO SO SO BAD

    your floors are going to be BEAUTIFUL! AGHHH i am literally so excited to see the final product! and hopefully in person one day soon!!! :-)

    30 something colors of granite. holy moly i dont even know how i would pick. id just make someone pick for me hahah!

    EEEEEEE so happy!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG I must get that hardwood tile!! I have been looking at tile for the bathroom for months and have found nothing I like. That stuff is PERFECT! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous choices!!

    We use that tile often, it is a miracle product and beautiful to boot! This is what I do day in and day out...isn't it fun?!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. HARDWOOD CERAMIC TILE?!?! I need to investigate ASAP! Thanks for sharing! Your house is going to be AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I sell flooring and I LOOOOOOOOOVE the tile that looks like hardwood!! And for the record-we've had no issues with it whatsoever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I pretty much love everything about this post. All the rooms and especially the monkey!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So exciting!!!! I can't wait for it to be finished! I know you planned a vanity sitting area and I just cannot stinking wait to see how it turned out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have to tell you, I am so jealous of the home you are building! It looks like it is going to be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your choices so far!! We choose the same granite color but those hardwood tile floors were not a choice. Have they broke ground yet?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those floors are GORGEOUS! That is an awesome development :) Love the choices you guys have made thus far. It's going to be a beaut!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh My! Everything is so beautiful there. I love everything you guys chose and that hardwood ceramic tile is genius. I'm bookmarking this post so I can come back to it when I buy my first home :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes, we put the ceramic tile in our kitchen and I love it! If it wasn't for my furry baby that sheds it would be very easy to take care of! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG That place looks amazing, wish I was building and we had that here ( can you say envious!!)

    ReplyDelete
  28. ok so y'alls home choices are awesome and i'd be super excited BUT I LOVE monkeys and mr.logan might have stolen my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  29. i'm legit living out my dream homes through your posts. i love everything you picked out, your house is going to be amaaaaazing

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your home is going to be gorgeous! Love all the picks! Esp that tile wood floor! AhhhH!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love all your selections! Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think we have the same granite. Ours was St Cecilia Juperano or something crazy like that. LOVE the two toned kitchen!! Can't wait to finally see it all come together. That was my favorite part of ours :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...