July 10, 2012

A Sunday morning surprise

I must say my photo collages of our 4th of July weekend from yesterday's post did no justice to the surprise we woke up to on Sunday morning. Let me take it from the top...

When I speak of this infamous "Frio River", you should all know that we stay at Beau's aunt's house. She has 4 houses there; 3 rental homes and 1 of her very own. (4 beautiful houses, I might add.) Between 3ish horses, 3 donkeys, 2 goats, 3 dogs and a couple cats, the woman is busy, to say the least.

She was heading out of town on Friday morning so it was kind of up to "the rest of us" (aka...the men) to take care of everything. Sure...we got this.  Friday goes by, everything's cool. Saturday goes by, everything's cool. As long as all the animals are alive and well, everything's cool.

Fast forward to 10ish am on Sunday morning. (Yes-I'z a snoozer.) We're all passed out upstairs when we hear Beau's cousin come upstairs and tell his wife that she needed to come downstairs because she "had extra duties to do". As any smart woman, she questioned him with these "extra duties" to which he responded "Get your shoes on. Angel had a baby this morning."

Skuuuuuuuuurt.

There aren't many things that can make me fly out of bed on Sunday morning but apparently baby horses are one of them...

"Angel? The horse? Had a baby? Angel IS the baby?"

I'll be darned!

I toss up my hair and walk my non-brushed teeth down to the barn...pajamas and all...(hey, horse don't judge) and SHORE ENOUGH...a friggin' bambino!

The most precious baby horse you ever did see all tucked up underneath her new mama. :)

I think it was safe to say we were all just as confused as this guy was...
(Sidenote: my husband dresses himself. I take no credit for this look...)

The craziest part of this all...Beau's aunt had NO idea she was even pregnant!

Can you imagine the phone call Aunt Frances received, halfway across the country, first thing in the morning when she picked up the phone and the first thing she was asked was "Who dropped off a baby horse this morning?" Which was then proceeded with her questioning "What baby horse?" 

'tis true.

The woman has grown up and raised horses just about all her life but had NO earthly idea her little Angel baby was pregnant. (Apparently Angel "got around" at training camp last year and sister got herself knocked up. Bet she won't be doing that again..)


The things that happen when you live on a ranch...le sigh...

32 comments:

  1. Baby pony!!! What a fun surprise! I'm not sure you would have been able to drag me away from it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, this is the best post! hilarious that no one knew she was preggo. seriously you send them to a camp and they get knocked up, haha, jk.

    love how your hubby is scratching his head, hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! My family used to breed horses and seeing the new babies is the greatest thing ever. I can't imagine a surprise baby! So hilarious and exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I still can't believe this hahaha. So stinkin' hilarious and so precious! That picture of Beau made me crack upppp! LOL..."HUH!?" Hahahah! Oh BEAU BEAU! I miss your face already. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well... I'm definitely going to the river this summer. I wanna play with the new baby! I had to laugh out loud at Beau's pic... That is how I always picture him, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so, did anyone see the birth??? or you just work up and ta-da?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So weird your husband's Aunt didn't know her horse was preggo! hahah So sweet that the little guy just wants to stay up against his momma!! (I just made the pony a boy)

    And that picture of your husband is hilarious and your caption under it is even better!! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad that the baby was delivered ok & everything! Looks absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can we all have a collective "awwwwww!" It's so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this so much!! Horses are my favorite animal, and baby ones are like the cherry on top!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing these adorable photos!

    Also, I spit my water out at your comment about your husband's outfit! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is seriously awesome. How in the WORLD did that horse fit inside it's momma? Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a blessing to see. oh my goodness. and Beau's face captures the sentiment perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG BBFT I hear the fashion police coming! HAHAHAHA this pic of him has me rolling. LOVE it. The baby is sooo beautiful!!! you didn't even grab an iced bev on the way? shit must've been serious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too bad ya'll missed the birth! Watching a horse give birth is one of the most AMAZING things in the world let me tell you! Growing up we had mares who had foals ALL.THE.TIME I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HOW PRECIOUS!! What a great way to end the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. BBFT=HOTTIE! And yeah the other day kurt wore a black shirt with navy blue shorts. Lets just say he didnt make it past my body. Oh and can i quickly bring up the fact that we will be getting ready to go out on the town with people and he will look so good all the way down to his shoes where he puts on FILTHY SNEAKRES!?!?! no babe

    but wow that baby horse! so precious that must have been phenomenal to wake up to! i would have watched them together all day long!

    i wanna come to the ranch sooo bad!! im inviting myself :-)

    muah!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  18. hahaha she could totally be on the "I didnt know I was pregnant" show they should have an animal edition...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh what absolute sweetness! love foals and their long legs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's amazing - what a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG what a fun, exciting, sweet surprise! The baby is so cute just like the mamma! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my word. How amazing. I bet that really was a surprise. She is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Omg what a cute little baby horse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. One time at training camp.. I'm sorry I had to do it!

    That is AMAZING!!!! I love baby animals!

    ReplyDelete
  25. CUTEST post ever!!! What a fun addition (literally!) to your river weekend :) It's funny--when I originally saw this pic of Beau on Instagram I thought to myself..."that expression is one of someone who has just woke up!" hehe still a handsome feller!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. omg this warms my heart SO much.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Whhhhhaaaaatttt!!!!???
    This is SO COOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I loved this post so much I included it in my series, Lots of Link Love!

    Hope you'll come check it out! :)
    http://www.stresscasey.blogspot.com/2012/07/lots-of-link-love.html

    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  29. I can't believe no one knew she was pregnant and then she just had it and everything was perfect in the morning. People get so worked up over pregnant horses and stay up with them all night and make such a big deal and she was like "plop" here's a baby! It's soooooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! Stunning horse and baby horse is so cute :) Ponies for sale

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...