August 13, 2012

How a broke girl spends her weekend

{iphone style}

 Start your weekend off by partaking in complimentary ritas by the pool whilst at a "work meeting". 
Yes-this really is at someone's "office". (Sign me up!) 

Support your husband as he partakes in SIX "said" ritas and loses his ability to drive home.
#jerk #hebeatmetoit

Split a pizza at a local bar and call it a night.

Work out as soon as you wake up because Lord knows, you can't just sit still on a Saturday morning...and lets be honest...working out is FREE.

Take advantage of your townhome complex's pool party by inviting friends over to enjoy free 
Chick-fil-a, kegs and watermelons covered in Vaseline (don't ask).  

Spend the rest of the night consuming $2 beers and $4 appetizers with your best friends.

All while watching the Texans kick @$$ at their first pre-season game.

Consume cereal as your fourth meal because the $4 nachos just weren't enough an you're too money conscious to stop at Taco Hell.

Spend Sunday morning cleaning house, doing laundry and "splurge" by hitting up the matinee to watch "The Campaign". (which sucked if I must say so myself.)

Watch your husband fry deer steaks in nothin' but his boxers.
[Sorry ladies, food pic only. And yes-I ate mac & cheese and LOVED it.]

Meanwhile you tear up your pantry to find enough ingredients to make 
healthy breakfast muffins for the week.


Wrap up the weekend by closing out the Olympics and ringing in Shark Week. (HELL. YES.)

All in all...not a bad weekend but this "whole no shopping or spending money or doing anything because we're saving money for the house" is for the birds. 

The end.

***
Oh-and a SUPER SPECIAL birthday shoutout for my son nephew, Rocky Krysh Howard! Don't you just want to squeeze him?? (I did. Many times. And he liked it.) Sweetest furchild ever. How on earth he is kin to Katie is beyond me...  ;)

29 comments:

  1. Did I give you the idea for this post title? hahhaa "you're actually out! I'm so proud!"

    ROCKY LOVES YOU AUNTY STEPH!
    Thanx u for the mornin birthday card sweets and me luv bein on yo blog ruff ruff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great weekend! Pool party with free food and beer, where do I sign up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a productive weekend on a low budget! I'm attempting to stop spending money except on the necessities, but it is SO hard! Until I get a job...I've gotta save up. Fun post though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CANNOT BELIEVE YOU DISHED TUGGIE! He's going to be heartbroken that your dont feel he is the sweetest! Specially after all that roomie love yall had! WTF!

    On the reals that PUPPER IS SOOOOO CUTE! Those baby pics = I DIE! Oh I want a PUPPY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dress at the top is so cute! Where is it from? Seems like you got to have a pretty fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are in that 'have the most fun you can without spending money' mode too. It sucks. Ha.

    We did see The Campaign as well...I thought it was okay but they definitely showed all the funny parts in the commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like my kinda weekend!

    btw, you look GORG in that pic with you and Rocky :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like a good weekend to me!!! have you ever watched 2 broke girls? this post reminds me of them... its funny ... watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. not spending money is really for the birds. but you did it with style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this post. Such a cute idea and you look so adorable in the last pic! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post. Such a cute idea and you look so adorable in the last pic! : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Would you please share the healthy muffin recipe? Those look delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's the most awesome pool i've ever seen at a complex. the hubs and i need to move out to TX asap. we've actually talked about it a few times. sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What is the recipe for your healthy breakfast muffins? Look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Margaritas and a pool, with work involved? Hello! Jeals. Yay for working out on Saturday morning. I did not...so I'll just lust after your pink shooz :P

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just got the same dress you have on only in the coral color!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey for a "broke" weekend it sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. See?! You can have all kinds of fun while being broke ;) I need to remember that more often, lol!

    That pool party looks awesome-- the Chick fil a sounds delish but the vaseline + watermelon combo concerns me a bit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel your pain, girl! We are saving for a house too and it's pure torture not to go out for happy hour, go to the mall, get a nice dinner, etc on the weekends....maybe I should hit the gym more - like you said - it's free!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I seriously want that dog! And your pool party looks AWESOME. I should have moved there!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like a fun weekend to me!!
    And, yes, please share the recipe for those muffins!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your weekend looked like an absolute blast but I'm not gonna lie...you had me sold at margaritas.

    xadayinthelifex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ummm $2 beers and $4 apps!?? I am so jealous, that sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You guys have an awesome pool at your complex!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds like a VERY fun weekend to me!!!

    LOVE LOVE your MK bag!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG - You are so flipping funny!! You are BUILDING a house so clearly you aren't broke... that's takes a lot of dough, my friend. Haha!! AND... That last picture of you with Rocky, Umm... I kind of want to pet my computer screen. You both look so soft and fuzzy. And yes, I'll pet you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your weekend sounded so fun :) and I want the recipe to those muffins! They look like heaven!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I should not have read this post at 11:30 at night. I'm starving now and craving Velveeta Shells...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...