September 27, 2010

Regrets?


Blog challenge day 5: What are 6 things you wish you could change or wish you would have never done?


Wow-this is a hard one. Besides the ultimate wish of having my dad back, I don't have too many regrets or things I wish I wouldn't have done. I somehow came up with a few though so here goes!

1. I wish I would have applied to dental hygiene school more than once.
  • Although I love what I am doing now, I have always had a deep passion for teeth (weird, I know!) and for being a dental hygienist. Dental hygiene programs are very competitive, only accept a handful of students each year, and I knew this when I was applying. I had excellent grades and applied to 5 different schools in Texas and got rejection letters from all 5. Grrr...I was always told to apply again but I was so over being in school that I just wanted to graduate already. Now that I have to work, it's highly impossible to do the dental hygiene program AND work so as for now, I will just have to come to terms with my decision. I'm perfectly content with where I am now but maybe one day I will apply again...
2. I wish I would have never sold my Yukon.
  • Gggoooddd I loved that car. Although it was somewhat expensive and guzzled gas like NO OTHER, I was STUPID for selling it. I sold it for less than half of what I bought it for and it was only a year old. It had everything except wings. The heated seats kept me warm in the winter and the navigation kept me from getting lost every time I pulled out of the driveway. The t.v.'s kept my passengers entertained and the back up cam prevented me from backing into, oh, everything. It was simply fabulous and I miss it SO much.
This was my baby. Her name was Tina.
3. I wish I would have never cut my hair.
  • I'm kicking myself in the arse for telling my hairdresser at the time "I want my hair cut like Kristen's from Laguna Beach." Barf. I hated it. It looked awful and it's taken for-ever to grow back.
4. On that note, I wish I would have NEVER dyed my hair brown.
  • I LOVE brunettes and brown hair. It's just gawgess...but on other people...not me. Sure my hair was super silky and shiny but I looked like Powder. It completely washed me out and I honestly feel like it took my personality away. SOOO...a year and a half later, I finally became a blonde again. Thank. Goodness.
5. I wish I never broke my ankle.
  • Although it seems like not that big of a deal to most people, me breaking my ankle was the cause of a lot of my fears. Fear of doctors, hospitals, surgeries, IV's, allergic reactions, and most of all, the fear of playing a sport I spent my entire life playing and loving. I must admit, I was pretty darn good at softball. I mean, I played it for 12 years, which wouldn't have been possible if I were terrible at it. The two surgeries I had also caused two terrible scars, bad spider veins, loss of almost all my muscle tone in one leg, and worst of all, my version of a kankle. Yes, I have one kankle. Well, my idea of a kankle anyway and I hate it. I would have seriously considered a short wedding dress if it weren't for good ol' "kanks".

6. I wish I would have verbally told my brother how much he hurt my feelings by choosing to not come to our first couple's shower-which is next weekend.
  • I just thought he would have known how much it would mean for him to come. I know-he's a guy and things like this aren't important to guys but I'm only getting married once and it would be nice if he participated...I mean...he's only walking me down the aisle. I also know the UT/OU game is important but when you go to every singe UT game and you attend the UT/OU game every year, you can miss one measly football game. I mean, they aren't looking all that great anyways. Sorry-that was mean but my feelings are pretty shot and I think it's a little ridiculous that my mother is on his side about it. ((Stephanie, you may not step down from your soap box...)) But...


Well, I guess that wraps up day 5! Lookin' forward to day 6! Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. Your Yukon is my dream car! Mr. told me that this time next year we can buy one for me! You should get another one..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cut my hair short too, and I wish I didn't! If I hadn't my hair would be at the perfect length now!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! I read each and every comment left on my blog. If you have a specific question, feel free to email me at snhoward16@gmail.com.

Also, please make sure your email address is set up with your profile so that I am able to respond to you. xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...